What Were The Hot Topics in Golf in 2021
And another strange year goes by! Similar to our look back of 2020, below we round-up some of the most read, most accessed and most commented articles on Golfshake over the past 12 months.
Whilst 2021 may not have been the year we had planned, there were still many talking points and lot of opportunities to play golf backed up by the many reports of the growth in the game and influx of new golfers in the UK and around the world. The following topics were some of most discussed here on Golfshake focused on the unique content featured away from some of the more core content from the tour and gear.
The World Handiap System
Despite a full roll-out way back in November 2020 and online score tracker systems, such as Golfshake, providing similar handicap index systems during 2021, the WHS (World Handicap System) continued to be one of the hottest topics in golf. Whilst envisaged to help remove some of the barriers in the game and aid beginners starting out, there are many that still have strong opinons on this topic. Most read in 2021 included the following which were also some of the most discussed articles via the comments and across our social media channels:
- World Handicap System Continues to Cause Confusion
- The World Handicap System - Golfers Have Their Say
The Impact of the Pandemic on Your Golf
With 2020 impacting golf so much and then creating an unexpected and unprecented boom this was surely going to impact golf in 2021. Below were some of the hottest topics related to this in terms of golf club membership and golf course access for the 10,000s of non-members.
- What Is Happening With Your Golf Club Membership
- What Does The Future Hold For Nomadic Golfers
- Tough Times For Nomadic Golfers But Should They Be Surprised
- When is Golf Coming Back - How Things Stand
We like to cover an array of topics on Golfshake and below rounds up some of the most read and most discussed in 2021 for a diverse range of topics including:
- Eyewitness to The Death of a Golf Club
- Is It Time For Golf Membership To Incorporate Several Courses
- Carry, Trolley, Buggy - What Should You Use?
- How To Get Prescription Glasses For Golf
- 8 Characters You Will Likely Meet at Your Golf Club
As regular visitors to Golfshake will know we love to discuss golf with visitors and members of our site and regularly conduct survey's to find out the views of the average golfer. Below lists some of the most topical features we did during 2021 based off research from various survey's conducted throughout the year.
- There Is More To Golf Than Just Being A Golf Club Member
- The Need To Save Municipal Golf Courses And Importance Of Driving Ranges
- Why Do Golfers Stop Playing Golf
- Why Golf is Good For You as You Get Older
What did Lee Westwood get up to in 2021? and how did we get it so wrong with Patrick Cantlay with this premature features we did back in May 2021!
Golf Course and Travel Features
The Golfshake course section is the #1 resource online when planning where to play with over 250,000 independent golf course reviews and over 1,000 in-depth feature reviews. Many of the features we cover based on the wealth of Golfshake data regular top the most read lists but below we round-up thress of the most topical which may provide some ideas and suggestions for your golf in 2022.
- Golf Courses to Play That You May Not Know
- Must Play Bucket List Golf Courses to Experience in 2021
- The Best UK Golf Breaks For 2022
So there you go, some of the most read and most discussed topics featured on Golfshake over the last 12 months. Let us know your thoughts and thoughts for the year ahead in the comments below.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
Tags: daily picks