Golf at The Belfry to Return in June
Four-time Ryder Cup venue The Belfry has confirmed that it intends to reopen its acclaimed Brabazon and PGA National courses for play on Monday 1st June, with bookings available to be made from 9am on Monday 25th May.
This will be welcome news for golfers in the Midlands, who revere this venue as a jewel in the crown of golf in the region, Highly Recommended on Golfshake with a 1,126 independent ratings.
Ensuring that play reflects guidelines and restrictions outlined by the UK Government and governing bodies including The R&A and England Golf, The Belfry has revealed several notices for golfers to be familiarise themselves with.
- Bookings can only be made from Monday 25th May by calling 01675 238600, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- All tee time pre-bookings are mandatory
- Bookings can be made for both courses for one week in advance
- There are 10 minute intervals between each tee time with a maximum of 2 players
- The guidelines are that golf can be played solely, with people from the same household or with one other person outside of the household providing that social distancing is adhered to at all times
- First tee time available will be 8.00am Monday to Friday and 7.30am Saturday and Sunday
- The Brabazon is priced at £80 per person, PGA National £50 per person
- Pre-booked buggies will also be available, limited to 1 golfer unless from the same house hold.
- Access to the courses will be via the Tamworth Road entrance. The main entrance remains closed
- Golfers are asked to arrive no earlier than 20 minutes before their tee time
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry/exit
- Golfers will be asked to be on the tee no more than 5 minutes prior to their tee time
- All golfers should adhere to social distancing at all times both on and off the course
- A member of the golf team will be on hand for check in and to remind players of the safety guidelines
- All other resort facilities are closed including the driving range, putting green areas and locker room
- Toilet facilities will be available in the Brabazon Halfway House and will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day
- Rental clubs will not be available, so players must bring their own sets
On The Courses
- The starter will be on hand to manage play and to remind players of the safe play code of conduct
- For your safety, pin flags have been removed and cups have been raised
- Bunker rakes have also been removed, so please bear this in mind when playing
- Please do not share or pick up another player’s club or ball or make contact with their equipment
The Belfry is a hugely popular destination on Golfshake, as showcased through the library of content we have produced there, so if you live in the nearby area and what to experience a venue with Ryder Cup pedigree, this June may be an ideal opportunity to sample that quality.
For more information, visit https://www.thebelfry.com/.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)