Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - Your Own Short Game Handicap
Being honest and analysing your own short game abilities can be a big step into finding out all your strengths and weaknesses, helping you identify what areas are strong and what can be improved upon in the future.
Phil Akers simple method of creating your own short game handicap allows you to quickly and honestly see what postion you are currently in regarding your chipping technique and its overall success.
The way to create this handicap is very simple;
- Set up 9 different shots, a range of difficult and easy shot types and variations to get the best range of results.
- Treat all 9 shots as a Par 2, giving you 18 shots to play with for the drill.
- You have to finish and hole out each time, making sure you give yourself the correct score of par, bogey or birdie etc.
- However many over par you finish up with, simply double that score and that outcome is your short game handicap.
- Once you have completed this drill once, you can challenge yourself to get a certain score, a better average, or lower it by a certain amount over time etc.
This simple set up helps you really understand where your short game is at, and what is needed to improve it out on the course.
Watch the complete 4-week chipping programme from Phil Akers - Click here
Phillip Akers is the Senior Coach at The Belfry and he is experienced in coaching all levels of player, specialising in Junior Development and Elite level coaching. Phillip measures, tweaks and tests his clients performance using Trackman and high speed video analysis whilst providing tangible results using Strokes Gained data.
Golf Pro: Phil Akers
Phillip Akers is the Senior Coach at The Belfry and he is experienced in coaching all levels of player, specialising in Junior Development and Elite level coaching.Latest Articles
- 4 Week Chipping Programme
- Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - Find the Average Game
- Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - Your Own Short Game Handicap