Titleist Introduces New Easy to Hit T400 Irons
Designed to offer golfers with a moderate swing speed the most forgiving irons they could experience, Titleist has revealed its new T400 Irons, which have been engineered to deliver an easier launch with distance gains.
Available for fittings March 12th (and in stores from March 27th), the new Titleist T400 irons utilise an advanced split sole design, super-thin face and wide body, hollow head construction fortified by extreme amounts of high-density tungsten to help golfers effortlessly launch it higher and hit it further.
“T400 is the super distance Titleist iron. This club is engineered to get the ball in the air and launch it as far as possible, even when the strike isn’t perfect,” Josh Talge, Vice President of Marketing, Titleist Golf Clubs. “There are so many golfers, particularly players with moderate swing speeds, who can benefit from this technology. T400 gets the absolute most out of your swing while still providing the playability of a Titleist iron along with that look, sound and feel that dedicated players demand.”
T400 PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Designed to help moderate swing speed players score lower, the new T400 irons maximise performance on every shot through the following key technologies:
- Wide body shape with advanced Split Sole design provides optimal turf interaction for a smooth and easy strike.
- Hollow head construction produces an extremely high MOI that maximises forgiveness on off centre shots.
- Extreme High-density tungsten weighting (up to 100g per head) creates a low CG, working in combination with a super-thin forged SUP-10 L-Face Insert (5-7 irons) to produce explosive launch off the turf.
- Progressive set design – with progressive blade lengths, sole widths and hosel lengths – delivers optimal CG positioning with preferred shaping through the set.
- Lightweight materials – with stock grip and shaft options – promote increased swing speeds for longer distance.
FREE TRIAL & FITTINGS
From March 12th, golfers can experience the performance of T400 irons by attending a Titleist Fitting and Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays), being held at hundreds of locations nationwide. To find a venue to get fitted, or an event to book a free T-Series iron fitting with a Titleist Product Specialist, golfers can click here.
LIGHTWEIGHT STOCK SHAFTS & GRIP
T400 offers premium lightweight graphite and steel aftermarket options to help moderate swing speed players maximise performance. The Mitsubishi Fubuki MV IR – MV stands for “Maxiumum Velocity” – produces higher ball speed through its ultra-lightweight iron-specific graphite design. The steel True Temper AMT Red offers tour-proven ascending mass technology, with lighter long iron shafts for increased launch and speed and heavier short iron shafts for control.
- Graphite: Mitsubishi Fubuki MV IR | Mid-High launch, mid spin | 50g
- Steel: True Temper AMT Red | High launch, mid-high spin | 95-107g (3g per club)
In addition, Titleist offers a number of custom shaft choices, many at no upcharge.
T400’s 43-gram stock grip, the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Lite+, weighs in 9 grams lighter than the T-Series stock Tour Velvet 360 model.
New Titleist T-Series T400 irons will be available in Titleist Authorised Retailers worldwide from March 27th, with fittings from March 12th.
- Graphite: SRP £185 / €216 per club (£1,300 / €1,524 set of 7)
- Steel: SRP £185 / € per club (£1,300 / €1,524 set of 7)
For more information, visit www.titleist.co.uk/golf-clubs/golf-irons.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)