PGA EuroPro Tour Introduces Qualifying for Amateur Golfers
The PGA EuroPro Tour have announced that they will open Monday Qualifying to amateur golfers who currently hold a handicap of 2 or lower. The move has recently seen approval from the R&A and will take place for this year’s tournaments.
The Tour will offer five tournament entries during every Monday Qualifying event which will be played over 18 holes. The cost of entry is £50 for Tour members and £75 for all non-members. If the golfer is successful in his quest for qualification, the qualifying entry fees will be subtracted from the tournament fee of £295.
Two previous members of the Tour’s Q School – Matty Lamb and Jake Bolton – have been selected for the 48th Walker Cup, proving that this is certainly a viable entry point for a career as a professional golfer.
There are two methods of qualifying for the PGA EuroPro Tour. Players must either battle their way through a two-stage Qualifying School, which is traditionally held between September and October, or previous players on the Tour will have already qualified from the preceding season. Now amateur golfers are also able to compete in individual events through this unique opportunity to qualify during the Monday events.
For 2021, the aim of the tour is that every regular tournament throughout the season – starting from the second event, held at Donnington Grove – should see Monday Qualifying School open for amateur golfers. Barry Hearn OBE, Chairman of the PGA EuroPro Tour, says:
“The news that amateurs will be able to test their mettle on Europe’s finest developmental tour by competing in Monday Qualifiers is fantastic for all involved – we see it as a brilliant opportunity.
“I have always been keen to eliminate barriers to entry and to offer opportunity to all within a diverse and open environment and this further extends our belief in developing the best up-and-coming golfers on Europe’s best platform for developmental golf."
The PGA EuroPro Tour is scheduled to begin on the 26th of May at Harleyford Golf Club. From there it will visit 13 more venues across the United Kingdom to complete its season before heading to Club de Golf Alcanada in Mallorca for the 2021 Tour Championships from October 20th-22nd 2021. Below is a list of all the venues, dates and the sponsors that are already finalised.
PGA EuroPro Tour Schedule:
- The IFX Championship (Harleyford Golf Club) 26-28 May (WILL NOT HOLD MONDAY QUALIFYING SCHOOL)
- The World Snooker Golf Championship (Donnington Grove) 9-11 June
- Cumberwell Park 16-18 June
- The Eagle Orchid Scottish Masters (Montrose Golf Links) 23-25 June
- GLAL.UK Worcestershire Masters (The Vale Golf & Country Club) 30 June – 2 July
- The Wright-Morgan Championship (Clevedon Golf Club) 14-16 July
- The Orida Championship (The Park Wood Golf Club) 21-23 July
- The PDC Championship (East Sussex National) 28-30 July
- The Nokia Masters (Mannings Heath Golf & Wine Estate) 4-6 August
- Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa – 11-13 August
- The NI Masters (Clandeboye Golf Club) 18-20 August
- The Matchroom Championship (Studley Wood Golf Club) 1-3 September
- The Motocaddy Masters (Leven Links) 8-10 September
- Castletown Golf Links 15-17 September
Entries for this year’s PGA EuroPro Tour will soon be available to book on BlueGolf. The PGA EuroPro Tour will follow all COVID-19 guidelines and all competitions are subject to follow the same safety protocols.
For more information visit: www.europrotour.com.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)