Titleist Engineers New AVX Golf Ball
Delivering greater ball speeds, distance and short-game control, Titlest's next generation AVX has been created to provide that appealing combination of increased yardage aligned with a soft feel that golfers crave around the greens.
First introduced in the spring of 2018 following a comprehensive four-month test market, AVX was developed as a performance alternative to sit alongside Titleist’s Pro V1 and Pro V1x models – offering the lowest flight, lowest spin and softest feel of the three premium performance offerings.
From core to cover, every piece of the new Titleist AVX golf ball has been reengineered to deliver improved total performance from tee to green:
- The engine of 2020 AVX – a larger, reformulated low compression core – works in combination with a redesigned high flex casing layer to deliver greater ball speed and low long game spin for more distance.
- A new, thinner cast urethane cover – specifically formulated for AVX by Titleist Golf Ball R&D chemists – delivers increased spin and control for improved greenside performance.
- The increased core size also produces an even softer-feeling AVX.
New AVX, offered in both white and high optic yellow, is available in Titleist Authorised Retailers from February 7th.
Titleist's Frederick Waddell said: “In our ongoing discussions with golfers, we are constantly meeting players who tell us, ‘AVX is the ball I’d been waiting for’. At the same time, we’ve been able to lean on those golfers to better understand how they experience AVX and what we can do to help them shoot lower scores. The improvements to AVX are a direct result of their insights and the inventiveness of our R&D team to take this design to the next level – and we expect golfers to see better numbers across the board. The new AVX is faster and longer, it performs better around the green, and delivers even more of the incredibly soft feel that golfers love about this product.”
2020 AVX PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
AVX delivers unmatched performance in a low compression, multi-layered construction through proprietary core, cover and aerodynamic technologies:
- New, Larger Core Formulation generates high speed and low long game spin to drive more distance with exceptionally soft feel.
- Redesigned High Flex Casing Layer promotes higher ball speed and lower spin on long shots for enhanced distance.
- New, Thinner Cast Urethane Elastomer Cover System has been specifically formulated by Titleist R&D to provide greater ball speed and increased greenside spin and control.
- Unique Catenary Aerodynamic Dimple Design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)