Titleist Reveals New U-Series Utility Irons
Titleist has expanded its range of utility irons by releasing two unique models - the U500 and U510 - which have designed to provide maximum long iron performance through enhanced launch, speed and forgiveness.
The new irons expand a player’s shot options at the top end of the bag. Called “utility irons” for a reason, the new U•500 and U•510 models produce more distance than a standard iron and less spin than a hybrid – delivering that one shot a golfer needs precisely when it’s needed.
Available in store from 30th August, Titleist U-Series utilities combine forged L-face technology with extreme amounts of high-density tungsten to deliver higher launch and faster ball speeds for game-changing long iron performance:
- The U•500 is the player’s utility iron designed for superior shot making. The extremely versatile, low loft utility features a compact shape that delivers high launch with a soft landing and precise distance control.
- The U•510 provides hybrid-like performance in a forgiving, muscular iron shape. The high-launching, easier-playing utility offers a larger, wide-sole design for consistent shot-after-shot performance. U•510 creates such a powerful combination of distance, launch and forgiveness that Titleist engineers were able to create a 16-degree 1-iron that is very playable from both the tee and turf.
The new U•500 and U•510 irons have already made an impact on both the European and PGA Tours. Since launching, they have made it into the bags of Adam Scott, Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker, Ian Poulter and Bernd Wiesberger. Most notably, U-Series Irons have quickly become the #1 played Utility Iron on both the European and PGA Tours.
“There are a lot of golfers out there who don’t want to play a hybrid, but are still searching for that kind of performance at the long end of their iron set. They want to be able to launch it higher and farther, they want to be able to shape shots, they want to be able to land it close to the hole – they just want to do it with an iron in their hands. Everything that went into U•500 and U•510 was geared towards giving these golfers the performance, look and feel they’ve always hoped for in a long iron, and maybe didn’t think was possible.” - Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club.
FREE TRIAL & FITTINGS
Golfers can experience the launch and speed of U-Series utilities by attending a Titleist Fitting and Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays) being held at hundreds of locations nationwide. To find an event, or book a free fitting with a Titleist Product Specialist, golfers should visit www.titleist.co.uk.
STOCK GRAPHITE SHAFT
The stock setups for U-Series U•500 and U•510 models feature a graphite HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 (mid-low launch, low spin) shaft at +0.25”. Graphite shafts in utility irons continue to grow in popularity on the PGA Tour as they allow for more speed and launch, enhancing the performance of the utility.
Every stock hybrid and iron shaft (steel and graphite) in the Titleist matrix – including the shafts soon to be offered on the new Titleist TS hybrids and T-Series irons – is also available for custom order at no upcharge, offering players a multitude of options to dial in their performance.
U•500 TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE
The U•500 is a highly technical utility iron with a compact shape that delivers versatility, speed and precision distance.
- Strategic High Density Tungsten Weighting (98 grams on average) produces a low CG for increased launch with trajectory control, and a high MOI for balance and stability through the shot.
- Our thinnest, forged SUP-10 L-Face Insert maximises ball speed for more distance.
- Player’s shape provides shot-shaping confidence at address.
- Loft Options: 2I (17º), 3I (20º), 4I (23º).
“U•500 is the incredibly versatile utility iron that tour players have been asking us for. It shares a similar size and shape to our prior generation T-MB iron, but has been completely reimagined to give players specialised long iron performance. It’s faster, launches higher, lands softer, and feels better through impact. As you go up in the set and down in loft, everyone eventually can use help with launch. But from what we’re seeing on tour, it’s a club that can be hit almost as high as you want or as low as you want, and players are really gravitating toward that versatility.” - Marni Ines, Director of Iron Development, Titleist Golf Club R&D.
U•510 TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE:
The U•510 is a muscular, wide-soled utility iron that provides hybrid-like performance with incredible forgiveness.
- The larger, more forgiving blade features a wide sole that promotes easy launch from the tee or turf.
- Strategic High Density Tungsten Weighting (95 grams on average) produces a low and deep CG for maximum launch with shotstopping control, and a high MOI for stability and forgiveness.
- A forged SUP-10 L-Face Insert maximises ball speed for more distance.
- Loft Options: 1I (16º), 2I (18º), 3I (20º), 4I (22º)
“U•510 is the launch king. The larger shape and wide sole allowed us to place the tungsten weighting so that the CG is lower and further back than any iron we’ve developed – and what that translates into is a lot of launch angle. The ball just gets up and out and goes. It’s a very stable and forgiving golf club, but it’s got that extra forgiveness in terms of launch. During our consumer testing, golfers couldn’t believe the shots they were hitting with a 1-iron or 2-iron – they would just turn around and smile.” - Marni Ines.
WHAT PLAYERS ARE SAYING
“I mean the height advantage of this club, you just can’t compare. Golf clubs are geared for speed now, so when you know have the speed, you’re really looking for the control, you’re looking for that balance – and that’s what this club gives you.” – Adam Scott.
“My 3-iron is hot and fast. It launches high, but I can still hit bullets with it. And when you set it down, it’s a lot more forgiving than staring at my blade.” – Jimmy Walker.
Titleist U-Series U•500 and U•510 Utility Irons will be available at Authorised Titleist Retailers from August 30th 2019.
SRP £245 / €295
ON THE WEB www.titleist.co.uk.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)