Mid-Am Golf announces new Order of Merit format for 2014
The Mid Amateur tour have announced they will be changing the format of the OOM for 2014 to meet the growing demand from players for a more substantial "prize" at the end of the year:
- EVERY Mid Amateur event in the UK (18, 36 and 54 holes) will count towards the OOM.
- EVERY player who completes the event will receive OOM points.
- In multi round events you must complete ALL rounds to qualify for OOM points. (IE no NR's)
- At the end of the year the top 22 players on the OOM will be invited to a finals day (complimentary)
- 14 Additional players will come from selected events throughout the year. (Events TBA)
- Finals day will be a 36 hole medal event with top 3 gross and top 3 net qualifying for the overseas grand final (complimentary but acceptable under the R&A rules of amateur status)
- You must be a Tour Member to qualify for the Finals Day.
- If a winner of an event is not a member of the Tour he will NOT be given a place in the finals day and an additional place will be taken from the OOM rankings.
- Any player who qualifies for the finals day from the OOM who cannot attend will have his place offered to the next person in the OOM.
- Any player who qualifies for the finals day as a winner of a selected event who cannot attend the finals day will have his place offered to the next qualifying player on the OOM at the end of the season.
- The tournament schedule for 2014 should be in place by the Autumn 2013.
- Oh yeah, you have to be over 35 years of age on the day of the first event but you can join if you will be 35 at some point in the year and want to compete.