TaylorMade Presents New SIM2 Drivers, Woods, Irons
Building on the foundations established by the original SIM, TaylorMade has made a blistering launch into 2021 by revealing its new SIM2 Family of Drivers, Fairways/Hybrids and Irons.
Described as an evolution, TaylorMade has sought to reinvent the construction of drivers by placing increased attention on enhanced forgiveness while maintaining speed and optimal launch conditions.
Through its fairway woods and expanded hybrid offering, the manufacturer refines past technology to drive the centre of gravity lower, while its SIM2 Max and SIM2 Max OS Irons boast the all-new Cap Back Design and evolved ECHO Damping System.
TaylorMade SIM2 Drivers - SIM2, SIM2 Max & SIM2 Max D
TaylorMade focused the original SIM (Shape in Motion) drivers on delivering speed through aerodynamics and technological innovation. The new SIM2 looks to evolve this further with further innovation and technology to assist with enhancing forgiveness whilst maintaining speed and optimal launch conditions.
The TaylorMade engineers built the new drivers from the ground up with the goal of maximising forgiveness through the range with drivers.
“Forgiveness equals confidence. In 2020, we built a driver that was aerodynamic, promoted favourable launch properties and had one of the hottest faces in golf. By increasing forgiveness with SIM2, SIM2 Max and SIM2 Max D, we have truly engineered a driver that has no tradeoffs. Golfers can step to the tee box and have the freedom to swing with confidence every time. Knowing they have a driver that checks all the boxes: Forgiveness, speed and distance with a beautifully crafted aesthetic.”
- Tomo Bystedt, TaylorMade’s Senior Director of Product Creation
The 2021 TaylorMade SIM2 Driver Range Boasts:
- SIM2 Driver - features 16g weight and aims to deliver low spin while still providing forgiveness.
- SIM2 Max Driver - features 24g weight on the sole to optimise mid to high launch and spin for maximum forgiveness.
- SIM2 Max D Driver - draw biased driver with weighting positioned closer to the heel designed to deliver a higher launch and set-up as the most forgiving of the three drivers.
Key Features on the SIM2 Drivers:
- Forged Ring Construction - lightweight and high strength aluminium which forms a key part of the driver contruction.
- Full Carbon Crown & Sole - as well as looks the use of carbon saves considerably on weight which can be utilised elsewhere.
- Milled Back Face Cup - titanium face featuring Twist Face to maximise both performance and forgiveness with a slightly large face through the line up to enhance this further. SIM2 is 12% larger than the original SIM face.
- Speed Injected Twist Face & Speed Poket - Twist Face technology is designed to maximise performance on off centre hits and Speed Pocket on the sole of the driver helps to enhance ball speed and performance for shots hit low on the face.
TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium, SIM2 Max & SIM2 Max D Fairway Woods
The SIM2 family also features a new range of fairway woods, including the SIM2 Titanium, SIM2 Max and SIM2 MAX D. The range still features the V Steel sole plate to enhance shots from all lies but the range provides options for all levels of golfer along with the Carbon Crown and Twist Face.
The SIM2 Titanium features a tour-inspired 170cc pear shaped and additionally features a lightweight carbon construction and titanium face with heavy 80g sole weight to provide a low CG and maximise MOI. The SIM2 MAX features a progressive face size to maximise forgiveness via a larger 190cc head and the face is constructed from C300 steel with weighting refined to maximise the launch and forgiveness. Finally, the SIM2 MAX D features a slightly larger 195cc head and is set-up with draw bias to maximise forgiveness even further.
RRP £369 for SIM2 Titanium and £279 for SIM2 MAX and SIM2 MAX D
TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue & SIM2 Max Rescue
The SIM2 Rescue Clubs complement the full range providing options between the SIM2 Irons and SIM2 Fairway Woods. The 2021 line up sees the original hybrids expanded with the range now including the SIM2 Rescue and SIM2 MAX Rescue.
Similar to the fairway woods, the rescue clubs feature the V Steel and Twist Face technologies. The SIM2 Rescue was designed with insights from Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy.
RRP £259 for SIM2 Rescue and £229 for SIM2 MAX Rescue
TaylorMade SIM2 MAX & SIM2 MAX OS Irons
The final part of the 2021 family, is the new SIM2 Game Improvement Irons, which have been designed to provide maximise forgiveness and distance with a forged-like feel through an all new multi-material construction. The TaylorMade SIM2 MAX and SIM2 MAX OS Irons feature the new Cap Back Design and evolved ECHO Damping System.
The SIM2 MAX OS (oversized) provides more stability over the SIM2 MAX with a slightly oversized head, wider sole, strong loft and slight draw bias aimed at making the club easier to hit while still maximising distance and forgiveness.
"We set out to take game improvement irons to the next level with SIM2 Max and SIM2 Max OS. To create Cap Back Design, we utilised multi-material advancements learned from our metalwoods to unlock forgiveness and distance with forged iron like feel. We leveraged a completely new construction to achieve the performance that golfers in this category both need and want."
- Matt Bovee, TaylorMade Product Creation, Irons
Key Features Include:
- Cap Back Design - strong, lightweight polymer material, helps to secure the topline and provides additional rigidity in the upper part of the face.
- ECHO Damping System - super flexible insert stretches from heel to toe, designed to channel away vibrations contributing to the forged-like feel while still promoting maximum face flex.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket - aids with enhancing the sweet spot for maximum forgiveness.
RRP £899 for both the SIM2 MAX and SIM2 MAX OS
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)