Spring into Summer with Cheshire Golf Clubs
Golf clubs across Cheshire are helping people spring into summer.
Anyone interested in giving golf a go now the better weather is on the way will be able to take advantage of the latest Get into golf initiatives, which offer the chance to benefit from top class coaching from the county’s PGA professionals.
Golf is a sport which brings many health and social benefits and thanks to the Get into golf campaign it is now easier than ever to hit your first shots.
A range of activities is available through the county, including:
- Hazel Grove GC – taster day on Tuesday, March 17 (10am-4pm) for just £25 per person. Also, free Get into golf sessions, starting March 21 (10.30am-11.30am).
- Malkins Bank (near Crewe) – Have a go at golf, for individuals or families. One hour sessions on Saturdays, March 21/28 and Sunday 22.
- Crewe GC – Ladies Get into golf for five weeks, costing just £25, from Thursday, April 16.
- Altrincham Driving Range – weekly sessions for juniors (Tuesdays, 4-5pm and Saturdays 10am-11am; 11am-12noon and Sundays 12noon-1pm; 1pm-2pm); ladies (Tuesdays 7pm-8pm and Thursdays 3pm-4pm) and beginners (Thursdays 3pm-4pm and 7pm-8pm).
- Hale GC – Get into golf sessions, starting Tuesdays, April 21 (1.15pm-2.15pm) and Thursdays, April 23 (6pm-7pm).
Says Craig Thomas, development officer for the Cheshire County Golf Partnership: “With the weather starting to warm up, everyone is looking to make more of the great outdoors – and golf is an ideal way to do that.
“Golf is such a good game for increasing your amount of regular exercise while also making new friends.
“These sessions offer the ideal opportunity to give the sport a try. Thanks to the support of the clubs and PGA professionals anyone interested in trying golf should be able to find a course to suit them close to home – and with new clubs coming on board all the time the Get into Golf website will provide all the latest information.
“Golf is a great sport that can be enjoyed with friends or family and it is never too late or early to give it a go.
“So why not get out of the house and see what Cheshire’s clubs have to offer with the chance to enjoy expert tuition for free.”
Get into golf is a national campaign to inspire adults to take up the game and is run by the England Golf Partnership through its network of County Golf Partnerships, supported by Sport England and National Lottery funding.
Get into golf opportunities include FREE taster session and low-cost beginner courses with PGA professionals. They are a fun and sociable way to start golf – and a great way to make new friends.
To find your nearest centre visit getintogolf.org and look at the activity map or call 0800 118 2766
For more details on the work of the Cheshire CGP visit www.cheshiregolfpartnership.com
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
Tags: get into golf
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Exceptional Standard at Internationally Diverse Faldo Series Europe Finals
- England Teams Dominate 10th Anniversary European Father & Son Golf Championships
- 2018 National Golf Club Challenge Concludes at Turnberry
- Scottish Golfer Wins Trip to 2020 Ryder Cup after Making Hole in One
- Health Benefits of Golf Celebrated at FJ Walk of Champions Final in St Andrews