Titleist Launches New TSR Drivers
July's historic Open Championship at St Andrews saw Cameron Smith claim his maiden major title with Titleist's new TSR Driver, which has now been officially launched by the manufacturer, offering three models - the TSR2, TSR3 and TSR4 - providing distinct performance options for a variety of players.
Available in Titleist authorised retailers worldwide from September 23rd, with global fittings beginning today, the new TSR drivers are designed to bring more speed and distance to every golfer.
The TSR2 is a “max” performance driver offering the perfect combination of speed and stability, whilst the TSR3 provides speed and distance through precision tuning technologies such as SureFit Adjustable CG Track weighting. The TSR4’s adjustable weighting system allows for more control than ever over spin conditions.
Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwood Development, said: “Titleist TSR represents the deepest, most complete, and most validated understanding of the tee shot ever held within our walls. Every aspect of impact has been considered, constructed and optimised in service of our singular desire to produce more playable distance from every swing. New TSR drivers take everything that made TSi the most played driver on the PGA Tour and pack even more performance into every head. From new face technologies to CG improvements and aerodynamic refinements, TSR helps the golfer unlock more speed.”
Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing, said: “With improved aerodynamics and player-preferred shaping, cutting-edge face construction technology, and refined adjustability, each TSR, based on our extensive player and robot testing, is faster in the air, longer off the tee, and straighter down the fairway than our previous generation drivers. Going from TS to TSi was a major leap in performance. This step from TSi to TSR is even bigger.”
Titleist Speed-inspired drivers have been the choice of more players and more champions on the PGA Tour for four years running. The new TSR models made their debut at the Travelers Championship in June, where 18 players switched the first week it was available for competition. There were a combined 21 TSR models in play at The Open, where Cameron Smith edged Cameron Young by one shot, giving the Titleist TSR3 a 1-2 finish at the year’s final men's major.
Since the inception of the Titleist Speed Project, Titleist engineers have continued to put greater emphasis on aerodynamics as being one of the most essential routes to increasing clubhead speed. Among the refinements, TSR models feature a new ‘boat tail’ shape that houses the swing weight, moving one more element of drag off the club sole.
Multi-Plateau & Speed Ring Variable Face Thickness (VFT) Technologies
TSR drivers employ two new VFT constructions, each offering specific performance benefits engineered to work for different player profiles. The TSR2 and TSR4 feature a multi-plateau VFT face that is built inward, layer by layer, to create nearly constant CT across the entire hitting surface. This results in a more forgiving clubface for off-centre strikes. The VFT construction of the TSR3 is found in its Speed Ring face, where Titleist engineers focused on centring the maximum CT/COR relationship into the sweet spot, helping players who find the middle of the face get even more speed off the tee.
The full TSR line reflects a single-minded focus on the golfer, including the look, feel and sound of each, which are a result of direct feedback from tour players and other discerning golfers.
Aerospace Grade Titanium
Titleist continues to utilise the best-performing materials in the construction of TSR drivers, including premium aerospace grade titanium, which is employed by the likes of NASA and feature unique properties in terms of strength, recoil, and durability.
CT Tested & Maximised
Every TSR driver is precision manufactured to the tightest tolerances and measured multiple times to ensure performance at the maximum allowable limit.
SureFit Hosel Compatible
All TSR drivers feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel and are compatible with all Titleist TSi, TS, 917, 915, 913 and 910 models.
For the player that tends to make contact across the entire face, TSR2 is the perfect combination of speed and stability, now in a more refined player preferred shape.
- Designed for maximum performance for both on and off-centre contact.
- Improved aerodynamics make TSR2 faster through the air, and a reimagined look and redesigned toe shape improve face angle at address.
- A Multi-Plateau VFT face builds inward, layerby-layer, to create consistent CT across the face with forgiveness and speed no matter the impact location.
- Optimised CG placement - lower and more forward than prior generations - increases ball speed and improves launch and spin conditions.
- 460cc head with adjustable swingweight and fixed CG location.
- High launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 | LH 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
A player’s driver with optimal feel that provides speed, distance, and playability through precision tuning.
- Engineered for speed, distance, and playability with performance-tuned adjustability.
- A refined and reimagined SureFit Adjustable CG Track System allows players to position the CG exactly where they need and want it, customising their ideal and exact setup.
- An advance in clubface technology, the TSR3’s Speed Ring VFT Face was created using a conical variable face thickness. This feature focuses the maximum CT/COR relationship into one central sweet spot.
- Continuing upon the success of TSi3’s 460cc shape, TSR3 maintains the tour preferred shaping while adding subtle refinements to improve aerodynamics.
- Mid/high launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH 8.0, 9.0,10.0,11.0 (custom) | LH 9.0, 8.0,10.0 (custom)
For players looking to neutralise excess spin, TSR4 is the ultimate low-spin driver, now with added adjustability.
- The ultimate low-spin driver of which every detail, from sound to feel, is fine-tuned to meet the standards of high spin players.
- Features a multi-plateau VFT face, like TSR2, so that the entire hitting area is designed to capture consistent speed and distance.
- Two adjustable weighting options allow players to customise their spin profile: a heavier weight in the forward setting maximises spin reduction, while moving the weight to the back creates more of a “TSR3.5” performance profile.
- 430cc with adjustable swingweight and CG location.
- Mid/low launch, low spin | Standard Length: 45.5”
- Available lofts: RH 8.0, 9.0,10.0 | LH 9.0
With a fit for every type of player, TSR’s featured and premium shaft options represent a wide range of performance and swing profiles. Players can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium Graphite Design shafts. Titleist offers an industry leading number of custom shaft choices in addition to the lineups below:
- HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology.
- TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Straight Flight Weighting and Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel and durability.
- HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower.
- TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fibre Weave technology to enhance feel and stability.
TSR premium offerings include three shafts manufactured by Graphite Design and utilise exclusive TORAYCA carbon fibres to produce elite performance dynamics. All shafts are available in 50, 60, 70 and 80g.
- TOUR AD UB: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking for mid-launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD DI: For mid-to-high swing speeds seeking mid/high launch with low/mid spin.
- TOUR AD IZ: For mid-to-high swing speeds looking to have high launch with low spin.
Golf Pride TV 360 No Fill Flat Cap 58R. Additional custom grips available.
Availability & Pricing
Titleist TSR drivers are available in Titleist authorised retailers worldwide from September 23rd. SRP: £529 | £699 (Premium).
For more information, please visit https://www.titleist.co.uk/.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
comments powered by Disqus