Skechers Go Golf Pro V.4 Honors Review
REVIEW: Skechers Go Golf Pro V.4 Honors
Review by Golfshake Ambassador Rob Cross - 8 Handicap
Skechers has become renowned for its comfortable and high performing golf footwear - perhaps best exhibited by the Go Golf series - with the Pro V.4 Honors the latest edition on the market. These provide a classic design with Softspikes and Skechers H2GO Shield waterproof protection. But how do they perform? Golfshake Ambassador Rob Cross has recently been wearing and testing these new shoes, noting his thoughts and sharing his review of them below.
- Skechers® H2GO Shield waterproof protection
- Smooth leather and knitted textile upper
- Dynamic diamond-design traction plate outsole to ensure maximum grip
- Sleek, low profile, quick release, full contact outsole design
- Heel lock feature for a stable and secure fit
- Ultra-lightweight, responsive ULTRA FLIGHT™ cushioning
- High-Performance Resamax® cushioned insole
- Replaceable Softspikes® for maximum grip
- Spikes are replaceable using Softspikes® Stealth PIN system
- SOFTSPIKES® is a registered trademark of SOFTSPIKES LLC
- Official shoe of Matt Kuchar
- Leather and knitted textile upper for breathable comfort
- Side stitching detail trim
- Lace up front
- Soft fabric shoe lining
- Cushioned comfort insole
- Weight: 14.85 oz. per shoe in a men's size 9
- 3/4 inch heel
Good! More like a trainer than a golf shoe and different to what I would normally wear. Visually I like the look of them from all angles, smart but with a casual vibe.
Amazing. Maybe the most comfortable shoe I've had. The shoe is really well padded around the ankle, but the insole is soft and moulds to your foot.
This shoe has a lower profile than my usual FootJoys, so you are closer to the ground. The soft spikes grip the ground and in the winter (Feb 2019) this creates a stable base on all surfaces. Incredibly light as well, leaving very little marks on the putting greens.
Light, fashionable and offers great stability. Casual vibe and modern. Waterproof.
Premium price could be a negative, maybe too casual for traditional golf shoe lovers.
The Bottom Line
I tested this shoe (my first ever pair of Sketchers) for a round, and for each one since I have put this shoe back on and will continue to do so.
The Skechers Go Golf Pro V.4 Honors is presently retailing at £139. For more information, visit https://www.skechers.com/en-gb/style/54536/skechers-go-golf-pro-v-4-honors/bkw.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)