Golfshake Updates: Rounds, Handicaps, Groups, Events
To kick start the 2019 golf season we have rolled out several key updates to the web bases Golfshake score tracker system focused around rounds, handicaps, groups/societies and events.
Score Tracker Updates
Key updates to the web based score tracker include:
- Partial/incomplete rounds can now be added. This allows for all rounds to be tracked but any non 18 hole rounds will be excluded from handicapping.
- Option to add a round to an existing Group/Society event/game. This allows individuals to add their own rounds to a Group game already created. (see note below for app usage)
- Various bug fixes and updates to the score tracker, reports and handicap system
Group/Society System Updates
Key updates to the group/society system focused around the events/games system include:
- Event/Game option to allow an 'Open' game which allows group members to add their own rounds from the web score tracker.
- Event/Game round import option if group members have tracked rounds independently that match game criteria. This stops any need for double tracking. (see note below for app usage)
- Event/Game auto group assignment player order can now be set based on surname, handicap or random.
- Event/Game player assignment default to auto approve to stop the need for authentication before data can be processed.
- Event/Game leaderboard countback option added for Strokeplay Nett and Strokeplay Gross to match existing functionality for Stableford.
- Various bug fixes and tweaks notably around event results and deleted rounds.
- Updates to Event Admin Scoring page to improve usability
FAQ - Useful tips (App tracking for Group/Society Games)
One of the most recent requests has been around individuals tracking scores within the app and then those rounds showing in a Group/Society or being allocated to an Event/Game. A forthcoming app update will provide group scoring direct within the app but for now the following work around is possible:
The Group organiser is now able to assign rounds for Group members that match the criteria of an event therefore:
- Group organiser creates an event/game prior to the actual game taking place
- All group members playing to track rounds for themselves or even a fourball must be a member of the group
- An individual should then track their rounds as normal within the app and submit/save to the Golfshake system
- The Group organiser can then access the Event admin page and from the Scoring admin page will be able to assign rounds tracked by individuals of the Group that match the Event criteria.
- The Group organiser will then need to verify the scores to update an Event results page and then run any other updates such as Leaderboard results
For help and support with any of the new updates simply contact the Golfshake team via [email protected]
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)