Cleveland Golf Unveils New RTX 4 Wedge
Cleveland Golf has unveiled its all-new RTX 4 wedge, featuring the fourth generation of its Rotex Face technology, which has been designed to enhance your short game, and will be available throughout the UK & Ireland on September 14th.
Cleveland Golf remains at the forefront of wedge design, having produced short game changing innovations and technologies since 1979. With the RTX 4, Cleveland Golf has held nothing back during development, creating a made-for-tour wedge in its purest form. Utilising the latest face technologies, tour-preferred shaping, expanded grind offerings and the most popular components used by Tour professionals..
“With the new RTX 4, we spared no expense in trying to achieve the best possible wedge for the best players in the world, and then bring that wedge right to the consumer,” said John Rae, Vice President at Cleveland Golf. “We worked tirelessly with our tour staff to refine every detail of the wedge and its shape to fit their needs.”
The foundation of RTX 4 is the 4th generation of Cleveland’s proprietary Rotex Face Technology. Following four life cycles, years of research, and millions of data points, the tolerances were tightened to help provide ultimate short game control. RTX 4 generates more spin through the sharpest Tour Zip Grooves, most aggressive face milling, and more precise laser milling for the hottest face Cleveland Golf has ever developed.
“It feels like the ball is really spinning off the face,” said Shane Lowry. “There are extra little grooves in there, which makes it spin more and it definitely does spin more.”
Following extensive tour feedback, RTX 4 features a more compact blade shape, with less offset and a smaller overall profile to provide that classic blade design that tour players prefer. Additionally, RTX 4 offers four new sole grinds, including an all-new XLOW grind, to provide the versatility to execute the most challenging greenside shots.
“I mean it’s got that soft feel which is so nice,” said Graeme McDowell. “I really love the bounce profile here. I like the feeling of using the back bounce on the wedge so, when I look at that, it’s something that really appeals to me.”
“What I love about this wedge is the sole in the bunker,” said Keegan Bradley. “It doesn’t dig in too much, and I’m able to really clip the ball and put a lot of spin on it. We are all very excited to play this wedge.”
Key Innovations inside RTX 4:
- Rotex Face Technology: The 4th generation Rotex Face features Cleveland’s sharpest grooves and most aggressive face milling pattern.
- Tour-Developed Sole Grinds: Four sole grinds, deliver enough versatility to execute every short game shot imaginable.
- Progressive Feel Balancing Technology: Next-generation Feel Balancing Technology is optimised by loft for even more short game control.
- Tour-Authentic Components: RTX 4 comes standard with the #1 wedge shaft and #1 wedge grip on the PGA Tour.
- Tour Shaping: Tour-driven compact shaping uses less offset to provide more workability and confidence at address.
“Having something that you can mishit a little bit and still see the results of what you’re trying to accomplish is amazing,” said Sean Crocker. “Cleveland wedges have already been the best wedges in the game, and this just makes it even better because to improve on their wedges is something hard to do, but they’ve done it with RTX 4.”
Cleveland’s RTX 4 wedges are offered in a variety of different degrees and grinds. The FULL Sole grind is offered in 56 through 60 degrees, the ??MID Sole grind is offered in 46 through 60 degrees, the ?LOW Sole grind is offered in 56 through 64 degrees, and the XLOW Sole grind is offered in 58 and 60-degree lofts.
The Cleveland Golf RTX 4 wedges are available in three different finishes, (Tour Satin, Black Satin and Tour Raw) and left and right-handed options and are priced at £129 SRP.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- PING Custom Fitting - Shaun's Story
- Motocaddy Trolleys and Bags Receive Award Recognition
- Golfstream Unveils Easy to Use Vision Electric Trolley
- Behind the Scenes Tour of the PING Tour Truck
- Callaway Unveils Special Ryder Cup TRUVIS Chrome Soft Golf Balls