Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Review
REVIEW: Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
Callaway have announced the launch of their new Rogue family of golf clubs which promise to build on the success of their EPIC range. In the video below Owen Davies reviews the Rogue 3 wood. Check out how he got on when he headed to the range and course to put the Rogue to the test.
Callaway Rogue and Rogue Sub Zero Fairway Wood
The Callaway Rogue fairway wood is the first fairway wood to incorporate Jailbreak Technology, and also incorporate the manufacturers’ renowned Face Cup Technology. These work together to enhance speed and make Rogue one of the most powerful fairways ever created.
Jailbreak Technology sees two steel Jailbreak bars stiffen the body, placing more impact load on the face to promote increased ball speed and distance. The ultra-thin, Carpenter 455 steel face is extremely fast, with the Face Cup also promoting more speed, and when both are combined with Jailbreak it helps golfers achieve fast ball speed and long distance on both centre-face hits and off-centre hits.
Callaway’s proprietary Internal Standing Wave technology also features in the fairway wood. ISW positions the CG low and forward to promote a distance-enhancing combination of high-launch and low-spin. The triaxial carbon crown is lighter and stronger than steel, and the saved weight is used to pull the CG dramatically lower to promote easy launch an increase MOI for forgiveness. Callaway have also worked with Boeing to redefine the geometry of the leading edge to improve airflow to promote faster head speed. The Sub Zero model is a lower spinning, higher launching version of the standard Rogue fairway wood.
Callaway Rogue Fairwway wood Specification
- Loft: Rogue – 3+ (13.5°), 3 (15°), 4 (17°), 5 (19°), Heavenwood (20°), 7 (21°), 9 (23°) and 11 (25°)
- Sub Zero – 3+ (13.5°), 3 (15°) and 5 (18°)
- Shaft: Aldila Quaranta (LL, W, L and R flex) (Rogue only)
- Aldila Synergy (L, R and S flex) (Rogue only)
- Project C EvenFlow (R, S and XS flex)
- Price: £269.00
For more information, please visit the Callaway website - Click here
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- PING Custom Fitting - Shaun's Story
- Motocaddy Trolleys and Bags Receive Award Recognition
- Golfstream Unveils Easy to Use Vision Electric Trolley
- Behind the Scenes Tour of the PING Tour Truck
- Callaway Unveils Special Ryder Cup TRUVIS Chrome Soft Golf Balls