Exciting Golf Only Memberships Launched at Dalmahoy
Coming fresh after introducing Young Adult Membership and Family Bundle packages back in September, the highly regarded Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club has unveiled an appealing range of "golf only" categories that will provide a wide variety of options for golfers at the resort.
The club, which now runs independently after many years with the Marriott Hotels portfolio, will introduce 4 brand new “golf only” categories on 1st March this year.
GOLF ONLY CATEGORY OPTIONS
- FULL GOLF: Full access to both on-site golf courses
- WEST GOLF: Access to the Resort West course only
- YOUNG ADULT (22-29): Access to both golf courses
- 5 DAY GOLF: Mon-Fri access to both golf courses
Sam Oliver, Director of Golf & Leisure, was asked some key questions on Dalmahoy’s exciting improvements:
So, you're now operating as an independent hotel - how has that affected what types of membership you offer?
Sam: “Becoming an independent venue has allowed Dalmahoy to re-discover its own unique character and not only play on its rich Scottish heritage that is so appealing to our visitors, but also allow us more freedom to tailor our membership offerings for both the local and domestic market.”
The new “golf only” categories will add to, what is already, a great variety of options for every type of golfer. What was the thought process behind the new categories?
Sam: “We want to encourage new members to see all that Dalmahoy can offer from a lifestyle perspective, and combat the challenges that many private members clubs face currently, and are likely to face in the future. We must be pro-active and ensure we are offering flexibility and variety to meet the demands of modern life. What is exciting is that we are already receiving a number of enquiries for the new packages, so much so that we are building a waiting list ready for the March launch of the golf only categories. In a time when waiting lists at golf clubs are becoming a rarity this shows real promise for the future of our club . Time to play golf and keep fit, family and work commitments all impact on why clubs are experiencing tough times at the moment. With 2 championship courses, a 9 pitch and putt course, practice range and a wonderful country club, we believe that the value on offer in all membership categories is now very competitive.”
There are no joining fees for any of your membership categories. Has this always been the case? If not, why have you scrapped the joining fee?
Sam: “We want to offer accessible luxury. We currently offer flexible monthly direct debit payment options with some fantastic loyalty rewards. We have recently introduced a cash referral programme too so that our members will be well rewarded for introducing their friends and family to Dalmahoy.”
When do the new “golf only” memberships come into play? Have you had much interest already?
Sam: “We are launching the 4 new categories on 1st March 2018. The response has been extremely positive with members and those who are looking to join a club in the New Year. We have many plans for Dalmahoy, but establishing a more flexible approach to membership has been one of the first, key changes to be made and I am thrilled with the response.”
Tell us more about the facilities on offer at Dalmahoy?
Sam: “Sport lovers really are spoilt for choice with our two 18-hole golf courses, floodlit driving range, pitch & putt course, outdoor tennis courts, swimming pool and gymnasium. Sitting amidst a thousand acres of scenic parkland means you feel a world away from the hustle and bustle of our capital city, yet just 20 minutes from Edinburgh and 3 miles from the M8/M9 motorways.
We continue to invest heavily in both golf courses to ensure that they meet the very best conditions possible, subject to seasonal demands. Our primary goal is to ensure members, visitors to the club and member’s guests have the very best experience possible.”
Resort Memberships – Golf Courses & Leisure Club access:
- Family Country Club Bundle (full access for 2 adults & 2 children under 25)
- Full Golf (full access)
- West Golf (Resort West Course only)
- Young Adult (22-29 years – full access)
- Country/Overseas (full access)
- Student/Youth (18-21 years – full access)
- Intermediate (16-17 years – full access)
- Junior (15 & Under – restricted access)
Golf Only Memberships:
- Full Golf Only (Both the East and West course access, seven days a week)
- West Golf Only (Resort West course access only)
- 5 Day Only (Both the East and West course access between Monday – Friday)
- Young Adult Golf Only (22-29 years, both the East and West course access)
For more information, contact the membership team on 0131 335 8012 or email [email protected].
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- ZOOM Launches Unique One Size Fits All Aqua Control Golf Glove
- G/FORE Unveils Spring/Summer Collection for Women
- PowaKaddy Launches Enhanced Cart Bag Range for 2018
- FootJoy Launches 2018 Spring Summer Apparel Range
- Chase Your Dream to the British Masters Pro Am