FootJoy Unveils Latest Spikeless Golf Shoe
FooyJoy has confirmed the introduction of its latest performance spikeless golf shoe, the Pro/SL™, which has already become one of the most popular shoes worn on the professional circuit. Combining a soft, comfortable waterproof upper with a midsole/outsole unit that features three distinct layers, Pro/SL™ is able to provide underfoot comfort, ultimate perimeter stability, and performance spikeless traction.
The Pro/SL™ offers golfers a unique blend of comfort and spikeless Tour-calibre performance, through a proprietary polymer outsole material called Fine-Tuned Foam™ (FTF). FTF is 10% lighter than conventional EVA foams and provides enhanced cushioning and shock absorption for added comfort.
“FTF is a material that took years to develop, and even longer to determine what shoe construction could truly unlock the benefits of the material,” said Doug Robinson, VP of Golf Footwear Worldwide. “This Pro/SL™ category utilises two densities of FTF within the outsole construction and is married with an upper that features multi-material construction for a perfect balance of comfort and performance.”
Within a three layered component, FTF is the key material to ensure that Pro/SL delivers comfort and stability:
• The top layer of FTF, which cradles the foot, is a softer durometer to provide all day comfort.
• The lower/outer portion of FTF is firmer in order to deliver perimeter stability around the foot for maximum support throughout the swing.
• Finally, TPU traction elements are strategically placed within the FTF outsole material to provide the golfer with enhanced traction, lateral stability and more points of ground contact.
These layers are fused together to deliver maximum comfort and create the most performance-driven spikeless midsole/outsole component offered from FJ.
Since launching on worldwide professional tours through 2016, many players have chosen to wear Pro/SL, including Adam Scott, Louis Oosthuizen, Kevin Na, Andrew “Beef” Johnston, Bernd Wiesberger, Lee Westwood and around 50 other players on the PGA and European Tours have opted for the comfort and spikeless performance of Pro/SL™.
“I tested Pro/SL™ initially in the very dry, hard conditions of Chambers Bay then in the soft, wet conditions at St. Andrews and the traction was fantastic on both surfaces,” said Adam Scott. “I also felt like my feet had more surface contact with the ground and for a longer time during my swing, so competing in this shoe is a no-brainer.”
• Lightweight, softer blend FTF™ (Fine Tuned Foam) for maximum cushioning and underfoot comfort.
• Lightweight, firmer blend FTF for maximum support providing optimal balance throughout the golf swing.
• Spikeless, durable TPU outsole ready for any type of shot or conditions.
Pro/SL™ comes with a 1 year Waterproof Warranty ChromoSkin™ leather by Pittards®; a unique full grain leather which is supple, lightweight, thin yet durable and completely waterproof.
Available in UK: 1st February 2017 SRP £140 Laced £155 Boa Closure System.
For further information visit www.FootJoy.co.uk or follow @FootJoyEurope on Twitter and Facebook.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)