Dustin Johnson 2016 US Open Champion: What's In The Bag?
Dustin Johnson overcame all sorts of obstacles to secure his first major championship victory at a controversial US Open at Oakmont. He dominated the field from tee-to-green, but what tools did he use to do it? Take a look inside his bag.
What You Need to Know:
- Johnson's win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship.
- Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak)
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine Major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont's speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2. He has Project X's HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson's win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
In Johnson's U.S. Open Championship Bag:
- Driver: M1 / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75" / D4 swingweight
- Fairway: M1 / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
- Irons: Tour Preferred MB ('14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- Wedges: Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome (52 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
- Glove: Tour Preferred
- Cap: New Era 9Fifty Low Crown cap
- Golf Ball: Tour Preferred X ('14) (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
Be part of the action with a selection of unique golf tournament experiences, from playing in a pro-am with the stars to watching the action at golf’s most illustrious events. Whether it’s the Masters or The Open, The Ryder Cup or WM Phoenix Open, build your own bespoke package with the experts at Golfbreaks.com.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)