Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

A round up of the weekend

Posted by: user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 28th Jun 2010 10:29 | Last Reply

Take a look at what happened this weekend in the professional ranks, and a chance to say how you got on?!?!

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1667/Round_up_of_the_weekend.html

I had a pretty good golfing day Saturday, the 200 club event at The Tytherington Club all in the aid of charity was a great success.

My team however didn't reatain out title, but I played fairly well, just quite inconsistant which was annoying.

More practice I think.

re: A round up of the weekend
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 10:51

As did a lot of people I imagine Wayne! :-(

I was pretty shocking wasn't it!

Golf is the future!!!

user131525
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 11:02

I won a match play game 3 and 1 at the Thonock course at Gainsborough.  Went round in 82 including 6 pars and a birdie and was well chuffed as I hadn't played the course before. 

My handicap was 18.6 in April and has been tumbling steadily.  Happy days!

user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 11:18

Great stuff James, Well done.

Always tough when you havn't played the course before but that is some good golfing.

user131525
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 15:30

My improvement goes back to the winter when I had my first ever golf lessons.  In the spring I felt like I was striking the ball a lot better, but my scores weren't improving.  The round at Carden Park with you Wayne certainly helped, as you pointed out a couple of things I wasn't aware of, and that was when my scoring began to drop.  I also attended a scoring school, run by Jeremy Dale, who suggested another few improvements, particularly with the short game which, as we all know, is where the shots get dropped.  My last 4 rounds have all been 40+ points, with all of my scores being entered promptly.  I scored 40 points on Saturday 0ff 14 which, for saying I was playing to 18 (or not) a couple of months ago I'm delighted with. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top