Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Wiltshire golf course

Posted by: user276809 | Mon 17th May 2010 08:46 | Last Reply

Looking to put in a couple of rounds with a few friends at the Wiltshire course, has anybody been there lately and if so what did you think...???

re: Wiltshire golf course
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 08:54

Quite a few recent reviews here of Wiltshire Golf Club, also click on the review link for some prior to 2010 which will include Summer 2009

http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/16408/The_Wiltshire_Golf_Club.html

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 13:33

I'm moving to the area and that is one of the courses I am considering trying in my search for a new club.  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you've played it

user52922
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 13:46

Wasting your time, Chris.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 17:18

Where do you recommend John.  I'm looking for a challenging course around the Chippenham area.  I know the Manor and Bowood are close by, but the fees are somewhat prohibited

user52922
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 18:27

You have a very nice course right on your doorstep in Chippenham, Chris. Old established and a good test. In other words a proper golf club that you will get the benefit from.

http://www.chippenhamgolfclub.com/subscription-information.asp

From their website:

We do not operate a Starting Sheet System but prefer the traditional starting methods and our Professional, Bill Creamer, will be able to tee you off at most times.  A proper golf club. 

You have to be a mountain goat to play the manor and you have to hit the ball much longer than you currently do to get round Bowood in a satisfactory score.

Last edit : Mon 17th May 2010 18:30

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top