Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

virtual leader board

Posted by: user25268 | Wed 11th Apr 2007 20:31 | Last Reply

Darren the new virtual leader board is a fab addition to stats, it gives a much better idea of where i stand in comparison to other players of the same handicap. i'm sure i'm a long way off getting onto the leader board but its something to aim  for. I think it would help in my quest to reach the dizzy heights of the leader board, if my actual position could be added to my personal stats at the bottom. I know there are thousands of members of G.S.T. but if it's possible it would help.

cheers, Brian

re: virtual leader board
user25268
Reply : Wed 11th Apr 2007 20:33

could have sworn i only sent this once,  oops

user13391
Reply : Tue 1st May 2007 12:58

Agree this is a great new addition to the site.

At the moment however, it doesn't seem to reflect 'the best'.  This appears to be due to the fact there are some potentially dubious entries - is it just me or is 100% FIR or GIR or 18 putts or less very very unlikely!!!

If we can get rid of these it would make the leaderboard more genuine.  One way might be to have a minumum number of rounds before you qualify for the leaderboard (eg min of 3 to appear on a monthly leaderboard).  Also suggest being able to produce leaderboard over a whole year of over an entire account history (in these cases I suggest a minimum number of rounds of 10).

In case anyone wondered - I'm not likley to feature very far up any of the leaderboards and so am not making these suggestions for personal glory!!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 3rd May 2007 08:15

Monthly leaderboard tweaked, yearly leaderboard coming soon.

See here for more info  

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th May 2007 09:35

I've now added a group by option within the virtual leaderboard.  You can now group by year and see year to date stats.

Golf virtual leaderboard  

Again may need some tweaking of peoples stats to weed out the bogus rounds which I will do over the next few days.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 15th May 2007 10:19

Paul, make sure you are logging in via www.golfshake.com site you should then see the group by option as below.

Both sites use the same database but new features will only be added to www.golfshake.com, over the next few weeks some of th features on GST will get turned off to encourage everyone to use the new look site. 

Modify Leaderboard Results Year 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Handicap Range 1-10 11-15 16-19 20-23 24-28 29+  Order by Points FIR GIR Putts Putts ph Group by Month Year Pos Name Hcp Rounds Points Av. Par 3 Av. Par 4 Av. Par 5 Av. FIR GIR Putts Av. Putts per Hole

user17189
Reply : Sat 23rd Jun 2007 20:49

Hello Darren

just wanted to add my"thumbs up" for the Virtual Leaderboard, as it is helping me to inprove on my FIR and GIR's. Looking forward to the hole average details when they come on line 

user25268
Reply : Thu 28th Jun 2007 20:15

i agree with you ian , although the hole average for par 3's 4's and 5's  are available on the full analysis by course ,it will be a great improvment to have them at a glance on the virtual leader board

user40826
Reply : Sat 28th Jul 2007 10:01

Any chance the leaderboard could be updated??  As you may have read from my post 

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/958/Its_a_miracle_I_tell_you.html

I have had two excellent rounds and would love to see where I stand now?  

Keep up the good work,

Chris

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2007 09:50

All sorted, a tweak to weed out the bogus rounds was causing some valid rounds to be left out

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top