Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Its a miracle I tell you...

Posted by: user40826 | Thu 26th Jul 2007 10:27 | Last Reply

Just had to tell someone,

The last two rounds I have played have been amazing.  Change of grip and a more committed swing has done wonders for me, and I mean wonders!!  

Played the week before with my old grip and scored 101.  Went last saturday to find the course had been shut due the weather (bet they never shut it at then end of July before) and went to the range anyway.  I thought it would be a good chance to experiment - my god it was amazing!  I could not wait to play on the course.

Booked a round with the father inlaw for Monday.  The front nine was good but my putting let me down.  On the back nine the swing and grip clicked.  I hit my longest drive ever - about 260 yards and scored an amazing 3 over for the back nine.  A 47 on the front a 39 on the back - An 86!!  A bloody 86 - cracking stuff.

Decided it may have been one of those rounds so booked a round for Wednesday - Being a teacher is finally paying off.

Wednesday arrived and I felt good again.  The practice hour before felt good and my putting was a little more accurate so off I went.  The first 2 holes the heavens opened and I was soaked.  Hole 3 - off came the waterproofs, the umbrella went away and the sun came out.

I carried on were I had left off on Monday - ball down the middle.  Hitting 10 yards further than before with my irons and feeling confident from 180 yards in.  I missed 4 birdie chances througout the round but hit my most GIR.  I finished with an 82!  A 42 and a 40.  

My handicap started at 20.1 on Monday and finished at 16.8 - I am over the moon.  I cant wait to play again.  I set a target of being a 20 handicap by the end of the year - I need to set a new target.

Sorry for the long story but I had to tell someone else.  Booked again for Sunday - it cant come quick enough!

An overjoyed Chris!! 

re: Its a miracle I tell you...
user40826
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2007 14:22

Paul,

Its weird you should say that about changing grip and then reverting back to your old one.  I had a lesson a few months back and the pro changed my grip to the one I am using now, but just like you I reverted back to my old one knowing I had a few competitions coming up with our society.

It was a complete fluck that I changed back (due to course closure) and it really has paid off.  It just feels that now my hands are working together - instead of using my old pathetic basball grip (embarressed to say that actually - but it did work sometimes)

I need to work on my chipping around the greens now...never ending this sport!! 

re: Its a miracle I tell you...
user40826
Reply : Fri 27th Jul 2007 11:04

The Mrs is visiting her parents next week so I have booked for Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with our society is playing next Saturday!!  Should be a good week if this weather holds out.....hopefully will get lots of practice time as well.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top