Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

La manga las lomas village

Posted by: user608387 | Fri 19th Sep 2014 10:56 | Last Reply

Golf holiday booked for May next year at la manga las lomas village as anybody been and is it good?.

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 10:56
re: La manga las lomas village
user2879
Reply : Fri 19th Sep 2014 19:51

We went there a few years ago, its a decent set of apartments. The courses are a short drive away and there's a bus that picks you up for golf and for restaurants as well. Would be interested to know what condition the three la manga courses are in

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 19:51
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 20th Sep 2014 00:11

We go every year and I go this year in three weeks time. Apartments are clean and well maintained with the two bedroom/four beds having two bathrooms, a lounge, kitchen and balcony; perfect for golfers on a trip. You can see the North and South courses from the apartments (2 minute drive) and the West course is about 10 mins drive away. The bar and food at the West course are excellent

North and South are fairly open with water in play (South is tougher and better in my opinion and my favourite) whilst the West is very tight and challenging. Take a camera for a photo from the 18th tee on the West course, it's simply awesome. Courses have always been in good condition when I've gone and greens are pretty quick, though they do suffer with spike marks around the pin towards the end of the day. Owen wrote a review recently on here that was pretty good

Quick tips. Buy water from the breakfast cafe by the apartments. It's about €1 a litre there and about €4 for 500ml at the course. Put it in the freezer the night before and it will thaw as you play and stay cold. Some say take a buggy but I've always walked with a hired pull trolley and been fine. Apart from a few climbs on the West course it's pretty flat. There's a free shuttle into and back from town, although there's not much there. There is a very good restaurant though and a few bars, one of which has entertainment most nights and is open very late

Last edit : Sat 20th Sep 2014 00:11
user608387
Reply : Sun 21st Sep 2014 14:42

Thanks guys for your response.am really looking forward to it.will need get practice in before my trip lol.one question I've been told to hire clubs from clubstohire.com as there have all the brand clubs n saves carrying them around..also how do u go about taken golf balls are they allowed in hand luggage.ohh in my m8 asks wants the average price for a pint lol

Last edit : Sun 21st Sep 2014 14:42
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Sep 2014 22:09

I take my own clubs so I can't help with hiring (cheaper than hiring at £20 and I like my clubs). Yes you can take balls in your hand luggage and it's about €3:50 for a beer on average. If you get the free shuttle into the small town there's a few bars and the food in Si! Is pretty good

Last edit : Mon 22nd Sep 2014 22:09
user26342
Reply : Tue 23rd Sep 2014 08:31

I echo what Chris has said. This will be my 7th year at la manga & it gets better every time. If your landing at alicante & you want to hire a car check out the website doyouspain.com. We get a Renault kangoo which easily accommodates 4 people, golf bags & hand luggage. It's cost us around £40 for the 4 days were there.

Last edit : Tue 23rd Sep 2014 08:31
user608387
Reply : Mon 29th Sep 2014 03:18

Thanks guys very helpfull info..ive got 8 month to get practice in and get my handicap down lol

Cheers Craig

Last edit : Mon 29th Sep 2014 03:18
user53837
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2014 09:40

One of the Golfshake team recently took a trip to Lumine and used the Clubstohire service. This is worth a read:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/7520/ClubstoHire_Offering_a_solution_to_the_golf_club_travel_cost.html

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2014 09:40
user608387
Reply : Tue 30th Sep 2014 12:57

Cheers I'll check that out

Thanks craig

Last edit : Tue 30th Sep 2014 12:57
user434357
Reply : Fri 17th Oct 2014 18:05

Hi Guys,

I live in Spain 25 minutes south of Alicante airport and provide All inclusive golf packages to groups and societies. There are approx 20 courses within easy reach of the villa which sleeps up to 14. Facilities include a private 10 x 5 metre pool,jacuzzi, games room with pingpong/barfootball and pool tables + darts/dartbrd, wifi, guitars and so much more. The packages include the golf with buggies,accommodation,all transfers,breakfast and evening meals and 24 hour all inclusive drinks at the villa. I also provide a few useful tips on how to reduce the flight costs (things the airlines don't want you to know). Packages start at £450 depending on the selected courses and rarely exceed £600. Hope this is of use to all and the moderators have no objection to me posting this.

cheers Stuart

Last edit : Fri 17th Oct 2014 18:05

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top