Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Long drive competition

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 28th Apr 2014 07:53 | Last Reply

Out of interest who would be interested in giving this a go ? more for fun and to see who can 'walk the talk' but would be within the set-up the pro long drivers compete in to give regular golfers the chance to see what it's really like.

re: Long drive competition
user21179
Reply : Mon 28th Apr 2014 14:13

I would give it a go, we try it at the range but it would be different in a competition.

user16163
Reply : Mon 28th Apr 2014 20:32

count me in darren

user246701
Reply : Mon 28th Apr 2014 21:19

Sounds like a bit of fun, be good to see a proper long drive setup

user24437
Reply : Tue 29th Apr 2014 11:52

Hahahaha, I'll have a go! Though where you're going to find a 180yd long field for my crashing drives I don't know....

user11501
Reply : Tue 29th Apr 2014 14:08

count me in too !!

user466742
Reply : Tue 29th Apr 2014 16:17

Would definitely be interested! Where & When?

user477305
Reply : Tue 29th Apr 2014 16:20

I would do it if it was close enough!

user88724
Reply : Tue 29th Apr 2014 19:17

Darren,

Just found this on the internet. I presume that this is what you are leading GolfShakers to?

http://www.europeanlongdrivers.com/tournaments/uk-ldet/

I'm pleased you mentioned a competition. Heard nothing about it, as I don't visit other golf sites / forums these days.

10% off all longdrive kit for Golfshakers buying STRICTLY before 17 May. Plus this free tip from my Longdrive advice sheet:

In order to relax, deal with nerves, and warm up nearly all beginners hit far too many practice drives, and even more throughout a long competition day. Adrenalin flows and one feels strong enough to endlessly hit drives. This is an illusion. When one later steps onto the competition tee one often feels flat and tired, as things that matter have been frittered away on the practice ground. Endless straight drives on the practice ground, suddenly assume an entirely different hue! By all means take 45 mins. or so to warm up but try to keep driving to a minimum - maximum 20 balls. As the competition time gets closer try to keep at least 3-4 mins. between each practice drive. Hit no balls in the five minutes before you tee off. Watch the world's best, some of them are only hitting a practice drive every ten minutes or so. Some hit no more than eight drives in their warm up hour. Really good driving is an energy sapper, which can be masked by adrenalin. Beware!!

I.

Last edit : Thu 1st May 2014 13:56
user115085
Reply : Fri 2nd May 2014 14:56

Could be tempted by this.....

user88724
Reply : Fri 2nd May 2014 17:10

Chris,

Don't think you'd like it. The groupies are an absolute pain! It's not good arriving home covered in lipstick and smelling of scent. Trust me.

UPDATE: So who is definately going?

Last edit : Sun 11th May 2014 19:19
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Jun 2014 20:40

Unfortunately I didn't get the info to promote as already planned but the official event is taking place this Friday/Saturday near Oxford and there is the opportunity still for amateurs to have a go.

If anyone fancies trying this out you can get involved on Friday, the main event takes place on Saturday which is free to attend. More information available here:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/7329/Big_Hitters_Land_in_the_UK.html

Last edit : Tue 3rd Jun 2014 20:40
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Jun 2014 08:45

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top