Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap vs Actual Playing Off

Posted by: user15767 | Wed 14th Nov 2007 14:00 | Last Reply

Darren,

Is it possible to find out what a person is actually playing off (not what the handicap is saying).

I'm looking at a Group I manage where we have a number of players who don't have an actual handicap (just set for the competition) but they are disputing the handicaps for those that do play regularly.

I'd like to be able to give the organisers an idea of what everyone was actually playing off during the first match.

Sandra

re: Handicap vs Actual Playing Off
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2007 14:17

Sorry I think I'm being thick. Could you elaborate ? 

Do you want historical data for the group ? ie as of today Player A is playing of 24.1 but in Feb was at 27.3

NB just in case anyone's watching I now have a spell checker installed, doesn't fix the grammar though 

user15767
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2007 18:27

Hi Darren & Wayne,

Within our Group with have some people that play weekly, some who play as and when they can and others that rarely play.

We are trying to get the handicaps more in-line with each other so I was after a facility (if possible) that shows what the person was actually playing off over the last few competitions (even if this was above the Max)

I currently don't have a handicap so it's set at 36 for me (Female Max) but I think I'm getting my swing back towards the 32 that I had 26 Years ago. 

I assume that after 3 cards are entered a handicap will be calculated (up-to the 28 Max).

If you need any further information I'll PM you.

Sandra 

user9368
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2007 20:41

i asked for the same thing a few weeks back

do you want the same thing see following link item 3

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/1171/Society_points_and_other_Suggestions.html

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Dec 2007 10:32

Yes once you have entered 3 valid rounds then a handicap will be calculated.

I'll add in a simple tool to show recent handicap level based on last 3 or 5 rounds, should be easy to show, obviously this will not overridde the system handicap but merely give you an idea from the recent rounds, although in theory this is what the handicap system does anyway.

Regards, Darren. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top