Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Society points and other Suggestions

Posted by: user9368 | Sun 7th Oct 2007 17:42 | Last Reply

Darren

My society is heading towards the end of its 2nd year using the GolfShake (GST) software for its handicap and scoring analysis. It would be nice to see a few improvements if at all possible before the start of the new season 2008.

My suggestions are

(1) A graph to show the accumulation of points through the year, Similar to the points accumulator graph for competition rounds.

(2) The ability to manually add points (to the leaderboard) for longest drive nearest the pin etc .

(3) Keep the running handicap as normal but add a 2nd for info only based on your last three cards just to see how your are fairing agaisnt your own handicap (if this makes sense)

I will add more as i think of them

Col

Last edit : Wed 31st Oct 2007 22:05
re: Society points and other Suggestions
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2007 09:47

Col thanks for the post.

Just to let you know that I have revamped the society section which will hopefully be more intuituve with an improved navigation system and some new features, Just in final testing but hope to make live very soon.

Point 1 is a good idea and I will look to add. 

Point 2 is in the new version due soon but will not affect the leaderboard merely be stored within a roll of honou, longest drive and nearest the pin will be defaulted but you will have the option to add additional items.  Do you think it's worthy of having a points system for this ?

Point 3, not sure what you mean can you elborate. 

Wayne, the event system will also be having a revamp and will then be able to do what you are referring to.  Basically you want to create an event with multiple competitions in where as at the moment an event is a single competition.  Robbie Allison also posted something along these lines and I hope to introduce some new concepts on golfshake.com around games, competitions and events.

Regards, Darren. 

user9368
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2007 13:25

Thanks for the response Darren.

Point 2, It is a disussion matter im sure but yes i believe that taking the longest drive or nearest pin should warrant say 5 leaderboard points each. this is a fun way to turn around a crap round and still come away with respectable points for the yearly order of merit. It could be amalgamated with the existing leaderboard or run on its own as you suggest.

Point 3, put simply what would my handicap be based only on my last 3 cards. This would be a rolling 3 card Handicap for info only. As a way of measuring how you are playing to your actual handicap. I am sure that i would be playing at well over a 28 handicap for several games in a row on occasion. I would just like to see how far behind my actual handicap i currently am at any given point. hopefully this now makes sense.

Obviously you should Ignore Waynes requests until mine have all been completed and roadtested

Cheers

Col 

user9368
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2007 16:09

Beauty before age Wayne

user40826
Reply : Wed 10th Oct 2007 17:45

Nice idea Wayne.  Cant belive your a pie eater and I'm a lobby gobbler! 

user40826
Reply : Thu 11th Oct 2007 17:36

Please tell me you know what Lobby is living in Wigan....if not find out and eat some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_%28food%29 

Wikipedia is your friend - get the wife to make it for Friday tea with fresh bread - aw man I am drooling and thinking of driving to my mums for Leyth Lobby. 

Last edit : Thu 11th Oct 2007 17:39
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 11th Oct 2007 19:46

Is that a bit like bubble and squeak ?

user40826
Reply : Thu 11th Oct 2007 19:54

God no! Its basically left over beef, with potatoes, and basically any veg you can find lobbed into a pan and cooked. Hence the name lobby. I think its called scouse as well.

When did this turn into a food forum??

Last edit : Thu 11th Oct 2007 19:54

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top