Aces at the Postage Stamp
The Postage Stamp has seen many great moments and disaters in the history of Open Championships at Troon, but perhaps none more memorable than these two hole-in-ones by Gene Sarazen and Ernie Els.
Sarazen, playing 50 years after his first appearance, produced a magical shot in the first round at the age of 71.
31 years later, it would be the time of eventual two-time winner Ernie Els, who made a hole-in-one on the eighth on route to losing in a playoff against the unfancied Todd Hamilton.
Will there be another in 2016? Don't bet against it.
The oldest & most prestigious major, a trip to The Open is a must for every golf fan. From tickets and transfers to hospitality & golf, Golfbreaks.com can build the perfect package to help you experience The Open in style.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Playing the Legendary Himalayas Putting Course at St Andrews
- Seven Magical Moments that Sealed the Deal
- The Most Ridiculously Long Putts Holed on Camera
- Peter Thomson, the Man Behind the Legend
- Strong Winds Destroy Tournament Structure at Gullane Golf Club