Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Callaway X-14 Irons

Posted by: user16106 | Fri 10th Feb 2012 19:34 | Last Reply

After having not the best 2011 as far as improvement goes I have decided to go back to basics. After reading 100's of user reviews Ive decided to go for the fairly old Callaway X-14 Irons. I just want to start hitting well and hitting straight again. I was down to 13 about 6 years ago. These seem Ideal. I wanted to forget the hype and phsycobabble you get with newer models so bought a set of X-14s for £100. Anyone any views on my choice or my reasoning ?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Fri 10th Feb 2012 21:09
re: Callaway X-14 Irons
user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 20:19

Dave, I too play X14's, the best iron Callaway have ever made. Mine have the graphite shafts and I have a reserve set of ladies X14's which I have extended by 1" and they are very powerful.

user16106
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 21:08

Thanks for the positive view richard and John.

John what is the diff between ladies bar shorter shaft?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 22:33

Dave, no difference in the head but they obviously have a ladies shaft, which is fairly flexible, but nice to use. I might add that the ladies shaft gets the ball in the air a lot easier than my regular shaft ones.

user52922
Reply : Sat 11th Feb 2012 19:17

You are so right, Darren, but at my age I am always searching for that little bit of extra length. Not finding it of course, but still looking.

user16106
Reply : Sun 12th Feb 2012 11:47

Should get them through the week and will try them next weekend, Snow permiting ! Only played 1 full round this year.

Let you know how I get on.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user16106
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 23:38

Got the clubs , look pretty good. Grphite shafts 4-sw. Had a not too bad round. Started off par, par, par then blob, blob. Hit some really good shots that I normally wouldnt although I think ive lost about half a club in length. Was getting more hight than I normally would. Also hit some cracking long irons off the fairway. 6 iron into stiff breeze 145yds dropped like a wet tea bag. 4 iron lay up from fairway 185 yds. I never hit anything lower than 7 iron normally from the fairway, have always struggled. End score of 33 pts not brill but ok. Looking forward to this weekend.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 20th Feb 2012 23:44

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top