Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Slow play and the rules of golf/legislation

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 10th Feb 2012 16:55 | Last Reply
re: Slow play and the rules of golf/legislation
user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 17:31

Unfortunately this game has deteriorated to the state it has become because of the selfish attitude from those who feel that their particular round of golf is the most important. It does not help that they all seem to be members of the ramblers association, which is noted for it slow ambling gait.

user431246
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 18:46

This has become more of a problem and the club pro is partly responsable through teaching students to leave the bag or buggie 10 yards behind the ball, walk to the ball go back for a club of choice then to walk back this is to get into the ''zone''. Oh then pick up the divit to replace then walk back to the bag or buggie.all this messing, fussing about what ever you want to call it (I was good didn't swear).This teaching method does go on at many clubs including a pro at Woburn golf club.

user446732
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 20:02

If this was witnessed by a RO words would be said.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 22:02

"Why do you take a look at your Putt from several angles, taking a lot of time?"

"I don't know. It is just what the Pro's do on TV"

TheLyth

user209897
Reply : Mon 13th Feb 2012 20:48

i love johns posts... i didn't even realise the game had deteriated to a bad state, maybe if we all had our own private course then no one would hold us up... or we could realise this is a social game...if slow play bothers you that much i would advise anyone to not play this great game... or purchase your own course...or just get off your high horse, all your winging amounts to nothing

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top