Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help with my Golf swing

Posted by: user366359 | Thu 9th Feb 2012 13:03 | Last Reply

Hi all

I am newish to the game of golf and would like some help if possible.

When i tee off the ball arch's to the right.I have tried slowing down my swing,Teeing the ball at different hights but nothing seems to work. Please can someone advise me in what i'm doing wrong!!

Look forward to your responces

Richie Kiely

re: Help with my Golf swing
user106712
Reply : Thu 9th Feb 2012 13:31

Hi Richard. Slowing you swing down could actually make it worse as you may not release the club head. This means that when you hit the ball you are leaving the club face open and pointing right. Another thing could be that  your swing is out to in . This means that when you take the club away  it goes out in front rather than behind your right shoulder.   You really would be wise to have a few lessons now before you get into too many bad habits.

Good luck mate !

user99350
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 08:46

Richard, as Adrian states, your club face at impact cannot be square. You could try placing a tee or marker of some kind a couple of feet behind your ball and concentrate on your takeaway that the club head passes over the top of the marker. Adjust to see if it makes any difference.

user52922
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 11:09

The scourge of the amateur game usually caused by moving the shoulder line when turning ones head looking at the target.

The stance is now open and a slice is the usual shot played from this position.

It would help if one could just try and keep ones right shoulder back.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top