Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter rounds.

Posted by: user420026 | Thu 2nd Feb 2012 17:24 | Last Reply

Just come back from playing a round - fairways and greens were rock hard, almost impossible to put a tee in the ground etc - last time I played this particular course was in October and today I shot 9 more. I appreciate it varies subject to conditions, but on average, what do you find the difference is between the number of shots in your summer rounds and your winter rounds?

Last edit : Thu 2nd Feb 2012 17:37
re: Winter rounds.
user437159
Reply : Thu 2nd Feb 2012 17:37

depends on the weather - where i am its rained alot so i tend to club up to reach the flag/green because i know it wont bounce. i summer it could go either way

user338942
Reply : Thu 2nd Feb 2012 20:05

My scores dont vary all that much to be honest - for the lack of bounce, you make up for with the winter tees.

Playing on a frozen course is a real novailty. You cant gauge your game on it, just go out have fun and enjoy swinging the golf club

user441959
Reply : Sun 5th Feb 2012 16:06

I played my usual course on Saturday and it sounds like a very similar experience to yours Darren.  The fairway and greens like concrete.  It was very amusing however very frustrating.  Game turned into drive, 7 iron chip and run (twice after drive to get on green after aiming between bunkers with second shot) and then put.  Your right Dave, the only benefit I got from it was enjoying swinging the club (minus 7 wasn’t too enjoyable though).

user123290
Reply : Sun 5th Feb 2012 19:42

I try not to worry about my winter scores too much. I played 2 weeks ago and it was like plaing off concrete. It's just good to keep getting out, keep the swing going and hopefully be on form for when the weather gets better.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top