Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

This store real ?

Posted by: user445340 | Wed 25th Jan 2012 14:58 | Last Reply

Has anyone bought anything from this site golfsalesman their products seem very cheap? Just wondering if its legit stuff.

LINK EDITED BY MOD

Thanks

Last edit : Wed 25th Jan 2012 15:38
re: This store real ?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 25th Jan 2012 15:39

Dubious to me.

I wrote this post on some of the things you should be looking out for when buying online, not definitive but a starter for 10

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/9268/Online_Retailers_Buy_with_confidence_recommendations.html

user106712
Reply : Wed 25th Jan 2012 16:46

If there is no contact telephone number or address then I wouldn't bother.

user356537
Reply : Wed 25th Jan 2012 20:52

I spent eleven years of my life investigating serious frauds including things such as invesment scams.  You never go far wrong if you stick to the old saying, "if something sounds too good to be true then it usually is"!

Mind you, it's easy to be caught out.  I bought a camera (or at least I thought I did) from what turned out to be a dodgy online camera retailer a few years back.  All becasue they were 20% cheaper than any other shop or website!

Richard

user127691
Reply : Wed 25th Jan 2012 22:12

I wish it was real, some of those irons are japan only releases and even though some of them are last years models they would have retailed for 5 times the price they are onthat ste.

They sell ping so you can easily check with ping if they are an authorised retailer.

user379886
Reply : Thu 26th Jan 2012 08:48

Pretty sure it is based in China,the Whois domain is coming up as China,also the tax free advert gives it away.if it is you will have to pay import duty

user356537
Reply : Thu 26th Jan 2012 09:34

Gary, you have probably answered your own question.  Ping do not allow any retailers to sell their clubs online!

user249572
Reply : Fri 27th Jan 2012 08:38

On first glance at the site - on the main page in the banner adverts they've spelt Darren Clarke's surname wrong and spelt Titleist wrong (no E in both cases). Surely that alone should tell you something? Richard - spot on mate.....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top