Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My game is appalling!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 22nd Jan 2012 17:03 | Last Reply

For the last six months or so my game has gradually got worse!

I was going in the right direction and now I'm slipping backwards rapidly.

My handicap was down around the 12 mark and it's now at 14.4, one more round and I'll be playing off 15.

My pitching/chipping has gone back to it's normal rubbish.

The drives can be really good or not (only problem is I don't know which one it's going to be).

In two weeks time I'll be in Portugal with the GolfShake boys and those people playing with me might have to wear their 'ball finding glasses!'

I'm going to try and get some practice in during the coming week and a half, just so I can make a good contact with the ball.

Hopefully, I'll get to Portugal and the warmer weather/less clothing might get my game on the right lines.  Might have to drag Martin to one side and get him to have a look at what I'm doing.

Let's hope the practice works.

Russ

re: My game is appalling!
user12389
Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 17:46

Hi Russ,

Is your game that bad or just getting the handicap up for Portugal, we all know you can play a bit. Seriously though, go back to basics, remember what you were doing well. Also, the course are not that great at this time of year so its bound to go up a bit. Keep plugging away and see you at the airport.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 17:50

John, I'd like to think that I was getting my handicap up for Portugal but I know I'm not!

Played the abbotts last Sunday and shot 97, played today in the medal and shot 101.

Looking forwards to Portugal.

Are you making your own way to the airport or is Andy picking you up?

Russ

user410273
Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 17:50

I never give my winter scores a second thought. Some chips stick and others run on. Some putts bobble and others run past. I treat winter as a time to just keep swinging, keep limber and look forward to the spring and a bit of growth on the course.

user11501
Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 18:11

russ,

happy to have a look mate, dont want anyones week to be spoilt by poor golf. we will enjoy

user12389
Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 18:50

Russ,

Making own way to airport, I'm a big boy now, can navigate traffic quite well. Will correspond with Andy and arrange to meet you both there. Looking forward to the trip. Have you got your Drinking Head with you.

Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 22:15

Brian, I play all the way through the winter just to keep my swing going!  But this has been happening for the last six months or so!

Martin, cheers for that.  I'm going to enjoy myself in Portugal but I'd like to play well whilst there.

John, I'm hoping Andy's offer of a lift is still on.  We'll meet you at Gatwick.

Russ

Reply : Sun 22nd Jan 2012 22:19

Brian, I play all the way through the winter just to keep my swing going!  But this has been happening for the last six months or so!

Martin, cheers for that.  I'm going to enjoy myself in Portugal but I'd like to play well whilst there.

John, I'm hoping Andy's offer of a lift is still on.  We'll meet you at Gatwick.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top