Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which Irons

Posted by: user444149 | Sat 21st Jan 2012 11:35 | Last Reply

HI everybody, im after a bit of help. I have not been long come back to the wonderful game of golf after a 12 year break. 

When i stopped playing i was playing off of a handicap of 12  but since comming back that has slipped a little. im currently playing with titleist 695cb's and although i hit them well most of the time, 5 iron  200 yds, 7 iron 175 yds and 9 iron 150 yds, i think they may still be a little advanced for me. i want to carry on using titleist irons as i have always liked them, but im after some input from you guys if you would be so kind.

My head tells me i should perhaps drop onto 755's but im not sure i like the way they look, so im looking at 704.cb's or 735.cm's.

I hope you can help, cheers Darren.

re: Which Irons
user250721
Reply : Sat 21st Jan 2012 13:04

Darren

Welcome back to the wonderful game.

Im sure other will agree that the only way to find out which irons are best suited to you would be to go and try as many sets out as you possibly can.

Get yourself down to your local store and stay until you have swung as many clubs as possible until you find the one you like the feel, look and results of. Dont forget it doesnt have to be one particular brand either.

Good luck.

user356537
Reply : Sat 21st Jan 2012 16:08

If you are hitting a 7 iron 175 yards after a 12 year break from the game  I'd stick with what you've got!

user21179
Reply : Mon 23rd Jan 2012 08:54

Hi Darren, my 3,4 and 5 iron are 710 cbs whereas the rest are 710 mbs.

I have only just got them as the price dropped hugely with the release of the 712s.

I have to say that i love them. the top line is much thinner than my previous irons which doesnt promote as much confidence at address, but they feel fantastic on impact.

I dont think your 695 will be that much harder to hit as the newer cbs still dont have a huge cavity.

I reckon you could pick up a second hand set of 710s for around £220 and see if you get on with them ( you will always get nearly everything back if you dont like them and have to resell )

Good luck and enjoy.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top