Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

So Who's your least favorite player?

Posted by: user77012 | Sat 14th Jan 2012 13:14 | Last Reply

Mines Rory, don't worry it's not that one it's " Sabbatini" , Quite possibly a decent chap ,  just can't take to listening to or watching him play.

re: So Who's your least favorite player?
user24437
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 15:30

Can't stand Bubba Watson, he's an ugly golfer.  Not in the looks department you understand, just the way he plays

user250721
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 16:54

Funny the picks you see above.

Mine would have been Bubba Watson or Rory Sabbitini.

user410273
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 17:17

Vijay Singh, or any player that knowingly cheats.

user437159
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 17:54

i would have to say Jimenez, i have nothing against his actual play, but smoking cigars more than actually playing  doesn't seem very respectful to me.

Brian - how do Vijay cheat?

i might of missed something - ive only been playing a year

user410273
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 19:06

Liam, he 'alledgedly' altered his card from +1 to -1 to ensure he made the cut in an Asian Tour event. Following an investigation he was found guilty and banned from the the tour. He feels that it should only have been a disqualification from that event. He's had one or two other issues since...

user437159
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 19:13

:O that is discraceful for a tour player. wouldn't his caddie be aware of it to though? so shouldn't the caddie be penalised in some way too?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 20:09

I'm afraid it's also Jimenez for me, but for a different reason.  I watched him in the last Ryder Cup played in the US.  He was losing and just didn't seem the least bit bothered, eitherduring the round or in the interview afterwards.  Not saying there should be fist pumping or sledging like the Americans did, but having the honour to represent the whole continent in a competition should engender some pride in oneself.  Just annoyed me. 

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 21:46

I am sorry to say its Tiger. Anyone who can see one of his team bump a fellow competitor into a door and not see fit to check he is OK or even say sorry.

TheLyth

user410273
Reply : Sat 14th Jan 2012 22:55

Lyth, sounds like a story there... not heard that one.

user38216
Reply : Sun 15th Jan 2012 10:18

Most of them are ego maniacs but I suppose they have to be in order to compete in such a dog eat dog environment. Bubba is pure entertainment, maybe a bit silly but not enough to dislike. I'd probably have to go with Rory S aswell, stikes me as a bit of a tosser with that ten gallon hat etc.

user106712
Reply : Sun 15th Jan 2012 14:55

Rory wears that hat to keep the sun off, he's already had skin cancer removed from his face. So I don't think he cares if you think he looks a tosser !

user127691
Reply : Sun 15th Jan 2012 15:40

Can't believe no one has already said this but it's got to be Monty. He's a cheat, arrogant, abuses spectators and kids. Also on the build up to 'monty's' ryder cup (what a joke) he openly said he didn't listen to Seve when he was captain beause he knew better. What a clown Seve had more talent in his little toe and if he nows so much how come he never won anything.

Monty is a clown in my opinion same as with veejay cheats in the game really bring the sport down, we have to referee ourselves and if your willing to cheat once i think you'll always be one.

user38216
Reply : Sun 15th Jan 2012 18:23

I'm sure he doesn't!  I think total sun block would be a better look!

user123290
Reply : Sun 15th Jan 2012 21:55

Without a doubt Monty.  Seen him moan and be abusive to people far too many times.

user26342
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 17:07

For me it's gotta be Tiger, the whole "I'm better than everyone else" attitude & his spitting on course drives me mad.

user38216
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 17:11

The spitting on the course thing is compounded by spitting on the green, eew!!!

user26342
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 17:16

& them greenies are hard to spot on the green surprisehttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/omg_smile.gif" title="surprise" width="20" />

user369251
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 19:29

Monty for me. Whenever he's commentating on sky, no matter what or where or when the event, it takes him all of 5 seconds to turn he topic of conversation into either "his" Ryder cup (which it never was for me) or his winged foot balls up. Terrible man.

user16106
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 19:45

Monty is not my favorite player, Cameras, crisp bags, sweet papers ETC but to say he hasnt won anything. Do 8 euro orders of merit and 31 tour victories count. No majors though just 5 runners up, What a loser !

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 16th Jan 2012 20:57
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 16th Jan 2012 20:45

Guys,

I have to defend Monty, I do know him BTW.

Some people have the ability to shut everything out for 18holes (Faldo) or turn their concentration on and off (Trevino). Monty has not found a way to shut things out and things do effect his consentration and hence the outbursts, though some are over the top.

There is a story of one of the old Pro's standing over a six footer when a ball rolled past his foot. He holed the putt and when the guy who hit the ball said sorry, he just said "What ball?"

TheLyth

user106712
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 12:23

How can you say monty never won anything, and as for complaining about cameras and noises, there's no-one worse than Poulter for that. they say he can can here a camera click from 300 yards. But only when he's hit a bad shot.

Here's Monty's record

499 – Number of European Tour events as a professional

31 – Number of European Tour International Schedule victories. (A record for a British player)

8 – Number of times he has finished European Tour Number One. (1993-99, 05) Number of holes-in-one. (Both European Tour records)

182 – Number of European Tour top ten finishes – a European Tour record

421 – Number of events he has been in the money from his 499 European Tour events

4 – Number of times he has won The European Tour Golfer of the Year award – 1995, 96, 97, 99 (A European Tour record)

13 – The number of European Tour course records he has amassed – a European Tour record

60 – Lowest European Tour round at the 2005 Indonesia Open

6 – Most European Tour wins in a season in 1999 – (equals The European Tour record)

user369251
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 13:19

No doubt Monty was/is a good golfer, I just dislike his attitude when he's a pundit. Surely, we can all agree John Daly has to be there or thereabouts for being disliked?

user26342
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 13:29

Don't forget Monty's other notable highlight which was where his honesty was called in to disrepute over marking his ball when play was halted in an event. Most people reckon he cheated but he got away with it due to his stature at the time??

Saying that I do like his spirit & mentality when it comes to the Ryder Cup.

user26342
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 13:29

Don't forget Monty's other notable highlight which was where his honesty was called in to disrepute over marking his ball when play was halted in an event. Most people reckon he cheated but he got away with it due to his stature at the time??

Saying that I do like his spirit & mentality when it comes to the Ryder Cup.

user21179
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 19:59

I couldnt disagree more about Bubba, on a tour where they all look, swing, walk, train eat, etc etc the same he is someone who stands out for the right reasons.

His hit it find it aproach is a breath of fresh air on the PGA tour.

The problem is the blandness of the tour and its players !

Ok he is far too American and  comes across as a bit of an idiot, but i am judging him on the course not off it.

If i had to judge someone off the course it would be Faldo.

Genius on the course, but self obsessed, aloof  individual off it.

user38216
Reply : Tue 17th Jan 2012 20:19

Well said Tim 100% agree

user417527
Reply : Wed 18th Jan 2012 23:20

Tiger for me. Probably not his fault, but I hate the way that TV stations have to have him on for 40% of the viewing time, no matter whether he's competing for the competition or not ("and let's cut to Tiger Woods, who I understand is looking at his watch" ). Also, the way that the commentators get all gooey and weak-in-the-knees about how wonderful he is. It just gets me throwing remotes at the TV. And yes, I am talking about you "Ewan Murray"!

I am a little amazed about Bubba Watson's name coming up though. I know he has that horrible swing (to say nothing about the name "Bubba" ), but that just gives me hope that one day my horrible swing will start working!

Last edit : Wed 18th Jan 2012 23:21

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top