Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Do you need Handicap Certificate for belfry courses

Posted by: user424226 | Sun 8th Jan 2012 10:50 | Last Reply

Hi All

I am off to the belfy tomorow with some friends do you require handicap certificates to play there?

A few of my friends dont play off 24 will they still be able to play?

many thanks

Alex

re: Do you need Handicap Certificate for belfry courses
user24437
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 11:02

I've played there quite a few times and never been asked for anything so it shouldn't be a problem.  However, I did witness one incident when a group tee off on the PGA and were so bad the starter 'suggested' that they may be better off playing the Derby and showed them to the shuttle bus...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 12:19

Alex, the 24 limit is likely for the brabazon . Which course are you playing ?

user26342
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 16:16

Alex,

I think as long as you adhere to basic etiquette (i.e don't hold groups up etc) then I think you'll be fine. There are normally marshalls out on the course making sure everything is going ok so don't be offended if they ask you to 'hurry up' or 'stand aside' if you are holding people up. Other than that have a great day, the PGA is a great course.

John.

user249902
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 16:20

Alex, you'll be fine, just take out a mortgage to pay for the post round beers. winkhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.gif" title="wink" width="20" />

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 18:01

The 24 handicap is for the PGA and the Brabazon but is 'advisory'.  As Tim and Joh have said, they reserve the right to ask you to move to an easier course, but this doesn't normally happen unless you are really hacking up the course, badly holding up play or they are getting complaints.  I was a member for 16 months and have seen some real hackers out there but only seen them spoken to by the marshalls and moved courses on a couple of occaisions.

Enjoy your day and make sure you leave an uphill putt on the 17th of the PGA (be short of the flag).  Once it starts moving downhill on there it won't stop until it's about 4' from the front edge of the green!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top