Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Drive For Show Putt For Dough !!!

Posted by: user26537 | Fri 6th Jan 2012 11:33 | Last Reply

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/stats/genworthfs/season=2012/categoryid=1/index.html

Rather interesting.

Longest average drive 2011 : 312.7 Yards  - Alvaro Quiros

Driving Accurancy : 75.6% of fairways hit - Luke Donald

Only goes to show that it is far better to be accurate than long off the tee.  In the case of Donald and Quiros it is EUR 3m better.laughhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/teeth_smile.gif" title="laugh" width="20" />

re: Drive For Show Putt For Dough !!!
user38216
Reply : Fri 6th Jan 2012 16:31

I know which player I would rather watch. Remember pro golf is about entertainment.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Jan 2012 17:58

You can make Stats say anything.

FIR only means anything when put with GIR. Miss a FW but hit the Green is better than hit the FW then miss the Green.

Luke is No1 in GIR, Westwood 25th, McIlroy 4th and Kaymer 22nd, yet they are the World Top Four.

TheLyth

user410273
Reply : Fri 6th Jan 2012 18:44

Its about the score at the end of the round. I would love boring golf of middle of the fairway, middle of the green.

user38216
Reply : Sat 7th Jan 2012 13:15

Brian, I agree in part, it is the sort of golf I dream about playing. However, there is nothing like watching players like Phil getting themselves out of the trouble they put themselves in to make a score. Playing and watching are two different things to me. I'd like to be able to play the Luke Donald way but watching McIlroy, Quiros is more enjoyable in my opinion. The only steady player I enjoy watching is Westwood, not sure why!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top