Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Warwickshire Golf & Country Club?

Posted by: user430457 | Wed 4th Jan 2012 13:55 | Last Reply

Looks like i've just been put volunteered by our office to take part in a corporate do at Warwickshire in July - i think on the Kings Course.

Obviously i've got plenty of time to practice and hopefully test out, but has anyone got any comments/ feedback?

Thanks,

P

re: Warwickshire Golf & Country Club?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Jan 2012 15:16

Highly rated on Golfshake - 4.35/5 from over 80 reviews! 

http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/16405/The_Warwickshire_Golf_Club.html

user430457
Reply : Wed 4th Jan 2012 18:38

Cool, 

i haven't fully found my way round the site yet so thanks for this Darren.

I note with some amusement the comments from Paul H re: the corporate four balls - i hope i will be a bit more considerate when I go. With a planned 32 four balls on the day I suspect regular punters wont get much of a look-in.

Cheers,

P

user356537
Reply : Wed 4th Jan 2012 22:56

Paul, it's a couple of miles from where I live.  In fact, my wife was the accountant for the company that first built the complex!

The Kings is the easier of the two courses but is stilll a good challenge as it is still fairly long.  It's quite open and you will not get in too much trouble provided you can stay out of the water!  Be warned, you will find quite long walks from the green to the next tee (one of the reasons it can be slow) so if you will not have a buggy an electric trolley is a good idea!

user441440
Reply : Sat 7th Jan 2012 19:54

Paul,

I have just started playing again and am using the Warwicshire as my local club. The green fees at the minute are excellent value for money - £12.50 on both courses. I played the Earls this morning and it was pretty wet underfoot but in good condition.

The Kings is a very good course, not quite as long as the Earl's but has a more water and I actually find it a little more challenging. If you are part of a society day you could well be looking at a 4 1/2 hour - 5 hour round.

Mark 

user430457
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 18:44

Hi Mark,

just responded to your other post - thanks for the warning, think i need to start some endurance training now!

P

user441440
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 18:54

Hi Paul,If you carry, it can feel like a long round! You could try and persuade your playing partners to hire a couple of buggies

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top