Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hello there

Posted by: user430457 | Mon 2nd Jan 2012 19:50 | Last Reply

Hello there,

i've been lurking for a while but having just posted my 10th round decided to surface.

I started playing in October 2010 as a result of my lad wanting to learn and us booking him in for lessons with the pro [Jeremy Harrold] at Perton Park near Wolverhampton - my wife and I decided to give it a go, so it's been a pretty expensive year kitting us all out.

Josh is progresing well and still has weekly lessons. I feel i invested wisely and had half a dozen or so lessons before getting my clubs and then started on some fairly gentle pitch and putt courses before building up to more demanding 9 holers, eventually tackling a full 18 holes back in the summer

I've not joined a club as yet as my frequency of play means I wouldn't get the benefit but generally play at Perton and occassionally Patshull. My work currently takes to me to Essex every few weeks and I recently found the super little course at Hobbs Cross where I try to get in a cheeky 9 before heading back to the Midlands.

I've got the bug big time now but don't really have the time ot play as often as I would like but played in the pouring rain yesterday, loved every minute of it and probably played some of my best golf - the change to Bridgestone e6 balls seemed to make a huge difference, though it was probably in my head!  This round brought my handicap down to 23 which I'm staggered to have reached and have decided I will reward myself with a possible club upgrade when i get to 20 and sorted out my driver slice!

All the best,

Paul

re: Hello there
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 2nd Jan 2012 21:06

Welcome to the site and this wonderful game Paul.  Perton was the site of my first sub-90 round a couple of years ago so I know it well.  Hit it straight round there (and long on 14 &15!) and you will score well

user249902
Reply : Tue 3rd Jan 2012 02:54

welcome Paul, if you fancy a game when the weather picks up let me know, I don't mind driving over for a knock

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Jan 2012 10:48

Hi Paul, welcome to the site.

user26342
Reply : Tue 3rd Jan 2012 12:59

Paul,

Try Wergs golf club as well, not far from Perton. It's a pay & play as well.

user250721
Reply : Tue 3rd Jan 2012 17:32

Paul

Welcome to the site. I know Hobbs Cross well, In the summer when the days are longer try Ash Valley (20mins further up the M11) as its nice a wide and well known for being a nice course for newbies.

Then there is a hole load of other courses locally to Hobbs that are all worth trying out at some point.

user430457
Reply : Tue 3rd Jan 2012 19:46

Folks,Thanks very much for the warm welcome and hints on other courses. Hopefully be in contact with some of you in the near future.Cheers,P

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top