Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Keeping Concentration

Posted by: user289859 | Sat 26th Nov 2011 19:05 | Last Reply

Right, admission time for me.  Towards the end of the round (last 4 or 5 holes!) I seem to lose focus and concentration. My swing appears to speed up, my body gets out of sync, and generally, I make silly mistakes and put myself in trouble, which tends to ruin the scorecard, and put myself in a bad mood!

What I would like to know, is what do you guys (and gals) do to keep the concentration going, and keeping yourself composed and in a regular rhythm.

re: Keeping Concentration
user410273
Reply : Sat 26th Nov 2011 19:20

Make sure you have an energy drink in your bag. In most cases it lack of fluids.

user406037
Reply : Sun 27th Nov 2011 18:37

I like those previously stated like to carry a energy drink, but also i tend to find when i am sucking on a worthers original sweet it tends to calm me down and i take more time assesing my next shot ect. give it a try and see if it works for you too

user338942
Reply : Mon 28th Nov 2011 13:15

I have found that a 1.5l/2l bottle of water does just as well as a energy drink. I also take a bit of pasta round as well to eat half way round.  Keeps your brain hydrated and keeps engery levels up as 3 hours into in a round, its not just the mental side that will start to wain.

user356537
Reply : Tue 29th Nov 2011 14:35

There is some useful info here on hydration & nutrition http://www.englishgolfunion.org.uk/page.aspx?sitesectionid=492&sitesectiontitle=Nutrition+and+Hydration

Last edit : Tue 29th Nov 2011 14:36
user52922
Reply : Tue 29th Nov 2011 14:42

It really is amazing that we ever produced golfers of the calibre of Henry Cotton and the like in days when hydration and nutrition were not on the menu.

I used to play 36 hole scratch events carrying my bag and never considered the idea of putting a bottle of water in the bag. Beggars belief how we used to perform to a much better standard in those days than we do now.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top