Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Posted by: user252224 | Sat 19th Nov 2011 10:04 | Last Reply

can anybody help?

every time I open golfshake I have to log in even if I have ticked the keep me logged box.

Also when on the site IE will not let me return to a previous page keeps saying HTTP400 error bad request

Any ideas on why and how I can solve this would be good

re: log in and usage probs
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 19th Nov 2011 11:03

I would suggest it's down to IE settings on cache or cookies, but I'm no expert.  Click on the black 'support' box in the wrte and send a message to the help team direct

user390191
Reply : Sun 20th Nov 2011 16:27

you may find that the browser you are using emptys the cookies when you close it down that is why you do not stay in does it happen on other sites you use, ie emails ect

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 20th Nov 2011 16:55

Ian, Karl is prob spot on.

Technically, unless you use the remember me, we don't store any cookies specifically for Golfshake but we obviously at least need to create a session between your browser and the site so we know you are logged in.

In terms of the 'remember me' this will store a cookie so we know it is you coming back   like Karl mentions it's likely that your browser setting, maybe Chrome, deletes all cookies when you close down the browser.

Any probs let me know.

user355541
Reply : Tue 6th Dec 2011 11:00

I use IE9 and use "remember me". It seems pretty random as to whether I have to sign in or not. I access the site most days and can go several days without having to sign in, then, out of the blue, I have to sign in. At other times, I may have to sign in 2 or 3 times in a day if I make a few visits -  very frustrating.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Dec 2011 13:07

The remember me works using your computer IP and the cookies stored on your PC so in theory should you use a different machince, delete/clear your cookies (some browsers are doing this automatically for you now) or some how get a new IP from your ISP then the remember me won't be able to remember me

Make sense ?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top