Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

General play

Posted by: user314234 | Mon 14th Nov 2011 22:56 | Last Reply

Hello all.I have been playing golf now for over 2 years and must admit It has got really addictive. However, my consistency is awful, sometimes I have gone around in 80s and 90s and the next minute I'm going round in 110s an 120s! I have been told that the more I play, the better I will get and this totally seems to be the opposite! I tend to top the ball hell of alot.What I'm asking is for help from experienced golfers out there on tips etc. Also can anyone recommend golf lessons in or around the Sheffield area!Please help and thank you.

re: General play
user16106
Reply : Thu 17th Nov 2011 18:59

Lewis

I found it amazing that you could shoot in the 80s and then shoot in the 120s. On a good day I shoot in the 80s but ive only gone back above 100 a couple of times in the last few years. Then I looked at the courses you shot 82. A bit short but you still must have kept it in play and putted ok. There are no quick fixes to good golf but a couple of tips would be identify where you are losing most of your shots. Shooting low 80s this will be tricky to identify but shooting in the 120s it should be easy .

Are you 3 off the tee on a lot of holes? Are you 3 and 4 putting most greens? etc etc.

As for the topping of the ball. You are either lifting your head on the shot or the ball is too far forward in your stance at address. ( to close to left foot for right hander )

Hope this helps.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: General play
user314234
Reply : Thu 17th Nov 2011 20:25

Hi daveThanks for the replyI played again at birley yesterday and my shots are getting much worse. I seem to be topping alsost every shot and am not connecting with the ball the way I should be! I also used to be a very good driver of the ball and was hitting 200+ yards every drive, now I seem to be hitting it low and left (like a grass cutter). I have never been a good putter, always putting in 2 or 3's.I have now booked in for a lesson next Tuesday with a chap up at burley golf course and hopefully he will tell me where I'm going wrong.Once again, thanks for getting back to me mate.Lewis

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top