Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

rabbit hole

Posted by: user418682 | Wed 2nd Nov 2011 21:57 | Last Reply

Hi,

Can someone tell me the correct ruling if your ball goes down a rabbit hole. I hit my 2nd straight up the fairway yesterday and it dissapeared down a rabbit hole. I could see my ball 4 inches below the surface, obviously unplayable. What is the correct ruling and would it be any different if it had dissapeared completly?

Thanks. Steve

re: rabbit hole
user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 22:01

Free relief from the rabbit hole and if it was lost in the hole you would have had to see it go down there but I doubt anyone would believe you.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 22:52

Without looking it up.

The ball is in a 'hole made by a burrowing animal', so free relief. The point of the drop should be directly above where the ball lie. If you can't locate the ball but it is certain it's in there then the drop point is by the entrance to the hole.

BTW, what course has large Rabbitt holes on their fairways??

TheLyth

user77012
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 01:33

Lyth, it could be Warren golf Club or  Burnham and Burrow GC, devilhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/devil_smile.gif" title="devil" width="20" /> did you see what i did there !

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 02:05

Comments like that makes the hare on the back my neck bristle.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top