Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Carry, pull, push, remote ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 2nd Nov 2011 08:18 | Last Reply

What do you do - Carry, pull, push, remote ?

re: Carry, pull, push, remote ?
user77012
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 08:47

Carry mostly, own a powacaddy classic (too much faffing)  thinking of pushing, gutted I didn't win the stewart push trolly comp, currently looking @ the sunmountain ezi cart, Folds up to about  double the size of a shoebox.

user52922
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 09:02

I ride now, unfortunately.

user24437
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 09:16

Carry only.  Have got a trolley but it never gets used since I changed.  Only way to go..

user356537
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 09:30

Usually use an electric trolley but I do carry from time to time.  The thing I really like about the electric trolley is the umbrella holder - I find this is a huge help in the rain.

If my only choice was between carrying and a push or pull trolley I would go for the carrying option every time.

Richard

user298481
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 11:01

I carry basically, if i have to play a lot in a short space of time I may use a push trolley but i dont' remember the last time i didn't carry my clubs

user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 13:31

Some Electric options.

I'm a carry man myself, but would love a remote controlled electric trolley, but maybe not at that price!

user249902
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 14:24

Electric trolley throughout the summer, tend to carry in the winter, saves the course imo

user106712
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 15:56

I almost allways use an electric trolley. Last year I had an operation on my knee and I am just waiting for one on my shoulder. So if I carry then I use a small bag with half set of clubs.

user123290
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 18:46

Pull only because I can't afford electric.  I play much better when I save my energy by using an electric trolley or buggy.

user398345
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 20:13

Pull, coz that's all I need to get around, and carry is much harder work with a full set, loads of balls plus the other accessories one may need at some time on course.

user289859
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 20:41

electric trolley the vast majority of the time. This time of year I can get more in my tour bag (waterproofs,  mittens etc) then I can the carry bag...and I don't have to carry it (obviously!)

user410273
Reply : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 22:04

Electric trolley.

user24437
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 00:57

All I can say that since I started carrying all the time my persistant bad back has all but disappeared.  OK, it raises it's ugly head everynow and then but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be when I used the trolley.  And that's with my standard 13kg all up bag.  My battery never runs out, have done 2 rounds in a day easily and did 7 rounds in 7 days last year in the Algarve (although the last one was in  a buggy - course was huge!).

user217280
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 11:45

As off this year I have been useing a push trolley, I bought one to see if it would help with my back problems, and it did, I would recommend a push trolley, they are much easier than pulling and no twisting of the back , I only carry if I use a half set which is mainly in the winter. 

user338942
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 20:57

Carry. Binned the trolley about 8/9 years ago.  Much easier getting around the course imo.   ......although I'm sure I have a few years on some contributors and my thoughts may change in time.

user79118
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 21:39

Electric for me most of the time unless the course is wet, then I'll carry. Used to carry all the time but as has been said in a previous post I have lots more energy towards the end of my round. 17th hole on my local track isn't called " rest a while" for nothing. Breeze up there now.  It is a remote trolley but this can be a pain on my course with all the fairways having quite a slope on them I find myself continually adjusting it's direction. Fine on a course with no sloping fairways though.  Only had it 6 months but so far it has done several 36 hole days with no trouble what so ever.

user26342
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 22:31

Electric all the way.

I won't be convinced that lifting your bag over a 100 times a round is good for your shoulders / back, especially during winter when it's fully loaded.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top