Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Costa Blanca golf course reviews

Posted by: user434357 | Tue 1st Nov 2011 13:48 | Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

I live predominantly in Spain and have recently started playing golf. I have been doing lots of research on local golf courses I am considering playing and have put together some reviews on the various courses with the help of numerous friends.

The info may be helpful for any golfers thinking of living over here or considering a golf holiday in sunny Spain.  

I will post the reviews over the next few weeks as they become complete, but if anyone would like info on a particular course then message me and I will do my best to compose a review.

Cheers

re: Costa Blanca golf course reviews
user434357
Reply : Tue 1st Nov 2011 13:59

La Marquesa golf course is an 18 hole par 72 being designed by Justo Quesada Samper opening in 1989. It has been improved many times over the years and now measures 6,115 metres from the white tees, 5,971 metres and 5,098 metres from the yellow and red tees respectively.

The course being located in a flat valley is fairly tight in places with water hazards and out of bounds close to a number of fairways and hence caution and good course management are a necessity.

With the exception of the 570 metre 18th hole the par 5’s are in reach with two good shots for the bigger hitters. The par 3 holes are not overly long, although finding the green and the right part of the green on the 15th hole can be difficult with a water hazard immediately behind the elevated sloping green.

At first glance this course is there for the taking but beware because danger lurks close to many fairways and greens and your score can quickly escalate. Without doubt the key to success on La Marquesa golf course is to hit the fairways with accurately placed tee off shots allowing better views and easier access onto the greens.

The hazards on this course are mainly down the right hand side of the fairways consisting of numerous river beds, with bunkers guarding many of the greens. La Marquesa is a course where length of shot is not important but accuracy is, the back nine being more difficult than the opening nine.

The real difficulty of the course lays in the greens, with complicated and undulating slopes requiring skilled putting. In addition there are a variety of ramps, blind holes, protected holes, bunkers, streams and two lakes.

The extraordinary design make La Marquesa a challenging golf course that players of all levels will enjoy. Those with a shorter drive capability can hone their short game focusing more so on accuracy rather than distance and will almost certainly opt for an iron club off the tees although the big hitters can test there power strokes and aim for the greens with a single wood drive.

Being one of the shorter Costa Blanca golf courses but with numerous obstructions it has been gradually developed to focus on accuracy rather than distance for a challenging but truly enjoyable round of golf. Caution and club selection are paramount so that your ball doesn’t find the many hazards or a watery grave.

LA MARQUESA 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top