Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hedgehog wheels for Motocaddy

Posted by: user259247 | Fri 28th Oct 2011 08:44 | Last Reply

Has anyone got any of these and if so where did you get them ?

I know that Motocaddy do their own winter wheels but the course I play want the proper spikey wheels in winter.

I've also heard that the generic wheel covers don't fit properly on Motocaddy trollies.

re: Hedgehog wheels for Motocaddy
user26342
Reply : Fri 28th Oct 2011 20:49

Phil,

When I had a powakaddy they produced proper winter wheels, now I've changed to a Motocaddy I purchased some winter wheels but they are no where near the quality of the Powakaddy one's.

Most 'spiked' versions tend to be rubber covers you put over the top of your existing wheels & then use self tapping screws to keep them on. Have a look for 'hedgehogs'

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 28th Oct 2011 21:08

I have a motocaddy S3 and some of the spiky rubber hedgehogs.  It's true they're not a snug fit, but tie-wraps do the job perfectly well for me to hold them on

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Dec 2011 20:31

Hi Donna, I don't have any so can't comment personally but have seen many golfer struggle getting the slip on ones to stay on, often reverting to clips and more recently screwing on.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will comment but do the hedghogs specifically mention fitting on the trolley you have ?

user38216
Reply : Tue 27th Dec 2011 12:50

Motocaddy releasing their own upgraded wheels in Jan 2012. Check the website.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top