Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Gloves

Posted by: user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 26th Oct 2011 12:19 | Last Reply

Got some information through that Footjoy continue to lead sales in the UK for their golf gloves, just wondered what others are out on the market and what gloves our Golfshake members use?

The last glove I actually brought was a Footjoy SciFlex and that was quite a while ago!

re: Golf Gloves
user24437
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 12:52

I used to use Weathersof's all the time.  Comfy, long lasting and good value.  Then my near neighbour gave me some Mizuno Duaflex's he'd won at his club competition and they're just brilliant.  More expensive than the FJ's (although buying them in 4's from t'hinternet is not too bad) but they just fit my hand shape much better. 

user26342
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 14:41

what handshape might that be?

user250721
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 15:07

I had a footjoy that split at the seams after a round, Brought a cheap John Letters glove from Direct golf and has lasted me about 5 rounds now.

user24437
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 15:35

Small fat hands and short fat fingers Floody.  At least it's the correct hand..  

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 21:38

I use a Srixon Carbetta. Feel really connected to the club because you get good feel.  They last well, but I tend not to be too heavy on gloves anyway and those that have elastic parts tend to go there first for me.  They're not very good in the wet though so i may try a different one on Friday.....

user16106
Reply : Thu 27th Oct 2011 09:33

For me a glove was a glove. It was hard enough getting a good fitting glove for my right hand anyway. I really suffer in the wet, with no grip at all. Then I tried a glove called Nomis, kangeroo skin, great grip in the dry and fantastic in the wet, so they claim. ( not used it in the rain yet ). It really does seem fairly sticky. Shot my best back 9 of 38 1st day I used it. Fairly hard to get hold of but I highly recommend them.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user24437
Reply : Thu 27th Oct 2011 15:35

I've also got a pair of Callaway wet weather gloves, absolutely brilliant.  The wetter they get the better they are.  No grip whatsoever if they're dry or even damp, have resorted to dipping my hands in water if they aren't wet enough and they'll keep stuck to anything.  Buggers to get off though.

user77012
Reply : Sun 30th Oct 2011 11:51

mostly wear snake eyes carbretta leather ,excellent glove.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 30th Oct 2011 12:02

I just received a free all weather Seve Golf glove for signing up at the MD Golf players clubs   not sure if everyone will

http://www.mdgolf.co.uk/playersclub-join.html

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top