Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Face Book Open Championship

Posted by: user433526 | Sat 22nd Oct 2011 15:08 | Last Reply

http://www.facebook.com/smithhotels#!/pages/Face-Book-Open-Golf-Championship/22

Have a look at this guys and if you like th eidea lik e the page and vote for where you would like the inaurgrial event to take place.

Cheers  

re: Face Book Open Championship
user433526
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 12:02

Please guys have a look - so keen to get this off the ground

Graham

http://www.facebook.com/smithhotels#!/pages/Face-Book-Open-Golf-Championship/224423017619833 

user52922
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 12:35

Graham, if you are thinking that you will be able to hold this event at a top course then I feel that you will price yourself right out.

If on the other hand you are wanting to play this at any course then it will not attract those who might be keen to play.

Then we come come on to the age old problem of handicaps which are based on SS yet when one plays away their handicap is never adjusted to take into account the difference in the SSS.

Then of course we have those who are just pot hunters and have handicaps specially held for such events.

Last edit : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 12:50
user433526
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 12:42

Gee thanks for the positivity John, but I do take on board what you say. I want a good course but realise the top top ones will be too expensive and not very hospitable. Will be trying to get some sponsorship too which will be hard I know in the current climate. I think we may have more hope getting a top course away from the UK.

Thanks for feedback tough and please like the page anyway and spread the word. You never know we may get this off the ground with loads of effort

Graham

user52922
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 13:29

At the moment, Graham, there is nothing concrete for anyone to look at and make any observations as  a course has not been decided upon, the format of the championship has not been listed, so we do not know if this is one day event or a four round event.

Personally speaking I feel that a course abroad would be the way to go as the overall package would then be something of interest to more people.

Bearing in mind that Facebook is worldwide then the prospects are amazing should you come up with the right format.

user433526
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 15:26

The format will definately be a 4 round event, hopefully over 4 courses. I am swaying to it being abroad and have visited the South Carolina area in USA many times and would love it to be there, but have to go where the demand will be

Thanks for feedback and keep in touch as need advice on this

Graham

user390191
Reply : Sun 23rd Oct 2011 16:16

what may be a good idea is to have a uk based facebook comp that way if other countrys want to do it they can you can get on major courses i guess by saying its a society deal and i am sure there is good places to play that people think they are a top course, as if you look at the golf shake top 100, the other major problem i see is that people work and lots of people can only play weekends, the whole thing sounds reat to me hope its a weekend and not to far from me

user26342
Reply : Wed 26th Oct 2011 15:09

I think you may have stilff competition from the Trilby Tour which has been going since 2007 & has the backing of Callaway golf. Latest I hear is that they are in talks with other European countries to make the competition even bigger.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top