Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Taylormade R11 driver

Posted by: user433259 | Thu 20th Oct 2011 12:42 | Last Reply

Hi guys,

I don't know if this subject has ever been discussed previously but, as a new member I felt I ought to give other potential buyers of the R11 a bit of warning. I bought the TM R11 from a club professional and decided that a custom fitting would be beneficial to set the club up for my swing. I duly spent £100 at the TM custom fitting centre at Wentworth where it was established that the shaft weight  was not suitable for me and so a heavier test shaft was fitted. This was great but at the end of the session, the fitter removed his stiffer shaft and said I had to order one from TM. My club pro looked into this and the response from TM is that I should have specified a heavier shaft when ordering the club. I cannot just buy the correct shaft, it seems? As I wouldn't have known which shaft was best until I had the custom fit session, this seems an almost impossible situation. So now I have a club at £285 plus a fitting session at £100 and the result seems to be to sell it (it's only been used at the custom fitting centre) definitely at a loss, and buy another club with the recommended shaft. Not sure what to do now but if you are thinking of getting an R11 .........BEWARE!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top