Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Brocket Hall

Posted by: user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 5th Oct 2011 16:39 | Last Reply

We recently got invited down to Brocket Hall for the day to play on both of their courses and have a good look around the grounds. Have a look and see what you think. Anyone else been by any chance? Brocket Hall estate Palmerston Course Melbourne Course

Last edit : Thu 24th Oct 2013 13:57
re: Brocket Hall
user353915
Reply : Fri 7th Oct 2011 13:59

Great reviews and it looks stunning! The courses aren't too far from me and I pass on a regular basis, unfortuntely the green fees are a little rich for my blood but hey...maybe one day!

user460475
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 20:10

I have a friend who has been a member for several years and very satisfied. High quality but it doesn't come cheap! C. Black

user298481
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 21:28

I am playing there next week so will let you know

user26342
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2012 12:49

Venue for NvS??

user21179
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2012 18:17

i think it would be well out of our price range John, but the idea is fantastic !!

user21179
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2012 18:27

just checked golfbreaks and they do sun night and 2 rounds for �119 !! just need to add a meal price, What a step up from the Abbey that would be !! Long way South though.

user26342
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 22:18

I've bought a voucher for a 4 ball here for our captains charity @ �50

user21179
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 22:55

Very happy to fill a space if needed John, as I am sure you will find it hard to find playing partners for Brocket Hall !!!

user530369
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 12:14

I have played them all and was at the opening day for the Donald Steel course a few years ago - can't remember which one that is but Dame Kiri te Kanawa sang all the way round in the fourball in front of us... I have to say I was underwhelmed with all of them. A nice setting and well maintained but hardly jaw dropping. This could be my problem as I am blessed enough to live in Fife where quality links abound and parkland is not my favourite style of course. Having said that, Ladybank is a parkland/heathland course up here in the Kingdom and it knocks Brocket Hall down and then drags it out of the ring unconscious.Brocket's courses are nowhere near worth £100 green fee... Sandy Lodge, Moor Park, Ashridge or the Grove are, in my opinion, far superior. As an interesting aside the owners of Brocket Hall are, allegedly and according to newspaper reports, in deep financial crisis but they reject such claims most strenuously.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top